Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Very basic documentation and only in English
agadj2PRO InfinityMember since 2021
I would ask the relevant parties to expand and improve all documentation relating to developments and contributions to the programme.
Both the information related to creating a plugin, modifying a cover or programming mappings with the script, are very basic, little explained and there are practically no images or examples...

From my point of view, VDJPEDIA opens the door for you to see and imagine the possibilities that this magnificent program offers us, but in my case I find that I am not able to go further, also because of the language barrier, and I also take the opportunity to ask for more translations when the texts are technical, translators have a hard time doing it well.

Finally, something that seems more like an anecdote than a mistake because I don't see it possible that it is by mistake.... It turns out that to use the mapping script, there is no list with all the verbs, all the variables, all the objects... How can it be that this list doesn't exist... It's clear that on the controllers screen where we map, there are... Agree... But would it be so complicated to have a list with all that data?

I wish this post would serve to see a change to facilitate and help curious and non-conformist people like me who enjoy learning and customizing and improving our virtual beloved

Regards!!

Mensajes Fri 12 Apr 24 @ 11:08 am
As someone who manually translates VirtualDJ in Greek (since Greek is my native language) I can assure you that it can be very challenging and difficult to do so when technical issues are involved.
You see, most of the modern technology literature is in English, and while a lot of terms can technically be translated, the resulting text is more than often extremely hard to understand, even for users that are extremely technically inclined.
You see, more or less, anybody involved with technology and development has learn to deal, but most importantly think with English terms.
VirtualDJ itself (as an application) is translated manually from real humans that are also working djs.
That's done in order to ensure the best translation possible that will be useful for people that don't know English and/or want to use the software on their native language, while it also ensures that some widespread universally recognized technical terms don't get translated to some abstract word that means "nothing" to the end user and has to look it up.

Expanding this "manual" translation to all VirtualDJ documentation would be a Herculean task. It would need a lot of manpower to do, that would be better to spend their efforts elsewhere.
For instance, you need a programmer that has quite good knowledge and understanding of C++ to "completely translate" the "How to create addons" section of the site.
So, instead of using a good programmer just to "translate" something (that most people won't need in the first place because as I said most programmers know English already), you can use this programmer to help with the actual code of the program instead.

Finally, I guess you found this page:
https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript.html
But you didn't click on "list of verbs" text to go on this page:
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/appendix/vdjscriptverbs.html

The list on the webpage gets updated from time to time, and some descriptions may be missing, but it's there as a quick reference point.
For the latest list of verbs, indeed the software itself is the best place to look, and that's by design.
As new functions/verbs get added and others get tweaked, it's easier and faster to maintain anything inside the code of the software itself!

PS: All I'm trying to do, is to provide an explanation of how things work, and why it is like it is.
You are free to have your wishes and desire a "fully translated" package. Even if it would not make sense! :P

Mensajes Fri 12 Apr 24 @ 12:58 pm
agadj2PRO InfinityMember since 2021
Hi again, have to recognice it, i was waiting your answer, and sure will be usefull for lot of people, you was perfectly correct and clear in your answer, so , let me explain to you...
iñm writing this post without using translator...most sure you was advised of tha yet...(but hope show you my level of english...is poor but isn´t cero)
the list of verbs including other thinks like a objects and variables ..etc etc.. maybe isn´t update...for one...two..tree...months...no way almos one year.. but this thing don´t rest that you´re right on your reply...so i was beliben if someone can do a extra work for got it update...
yes i´m a fan of scripyt schools..but there are things that i can´t understand...no way.... im electronic...so have a little idea of programing robots, plc...but 0 idea in case of bhtml FE...
i´m think i could be a lowñintermediate user...and see a limitation forme...
nothing more thanks for time you take to answer... maybe i want a quimera...but things we don´t try will never become really...
regards
sorry and take my apologice...this list think isn´t first time i see it...but you waws right is so updated...i refer to other list that was only a reference..
https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript.html
was this , from vdjpedia... thanks for post it...
when try to do my own definition file, never got it...at least wasted 10-15 hours in 3-5 attepms...but never get any result how to go forum and post any doubt, simply never get a code of sys.ex..
regards again..have nice day

Mensajes Fri 12 Apr 24 @ 3:24 pm