Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Sync Button Issues Rev5
Dear Community,
I purchased a Rev5 and after three days of using it I am getting crazy! I cannot switch off Sync when activated once. Pressing Shift + Sync follows no reaction.
LED light is still on and even when a new song is loaded this one will be synced as well when pressing play.
Yet, I didn`t find any option in the settings to solve my problem.
Any help appreciated.

Mensajes Thu 15 Aug 24 @ 9:52 am
You don't switch off sync in VDJ, because it can't be on. That's a Serato way of thinking
In VDJ it's an action not a state, so it only does it's syncing for a split second when pressed, and then is gone again - turned off if you will
So you are probably looking for something that doesn't exists

There are however other features you can enable, like pitch lock or beat lock - but that doesn't happen just by clicking the sync button

You could instead be experiencing autoBPMMatch being enabled. That will adjust the bpms when you load a new track. You can disable i in the settings
You could also have enabled smart play. That aligns the tracks when you click play. Again it can be disabled

Mensajes Thu 15 Aug 24 @ 2:59 pm
well, that is exactly my problem. It is NOT gone again. It is locked like forever. Even using the Auto BPM, Sync will also turn on and stay on. Using Shift + Sync doesn´t do anything.
Just tried it with Serato and it works the way I expected.

Mensajes Thu 15 Aug 24 @ 7:16 pm
So just taking a quick look at the mapping, I see that SHIFT_SYNC key is mapped to beatlock. Can you change that key's mapping entry to beatlock toggle and try using it again?
You can also have a custom button to switch beatlock off (beatlock off) if you think it's "stuck".

If that works then the factory mapping may not be correct.

Note that the User Manual and the factory mapping itself states that SYNC maps to sync (a one time lineup) and SHIFT_SYNC maps to beatlock (a permanent lock between decks that even follows pitch slider changes), and as @Klaus already explained, that's two different things (i.e. SHIFT_SYNC is not the inverse of SYNC, which may be a bit weird if thinking of "shift" as "undo" in this case). My suggestion was made with the hope that consecutive presses of SHIFT_SYNC would toggle beatlock on and off.

Mensajes Thu 15 Aug 24 @ 7:56 pm
Thanks, that was helpful (Unless I really do not understand why it is mapped like this. Under the button it is written "Off" so I would think that Sync is turned off when pressing Shift + Sync)
However your suggestion to mapp "Beatlock Toggle" is not really working. But I am not really familiar with mapping so maybe also my bad.
What else could I do to get rid of the beatlock? It is still on when I start a new track on the other deck - I have to press Shift + Range to reset BPM every time. Any other script suggested?

Mensajes Mon 19 Aug 24 @ 7:19 pm
axelatmosphere wrote :
Under the button it is written "Off" so I would think that Sync is turned off when pressing Shift + Sync)

This description is written from a Serato viewpoint. While the functionally generally matches Serato's for most mappings, Atomix can choose to map something in a way that more suits the workflow of VirtualDJ. The only truth, in terms of how it works with VirtualDJ, is the VirtualDJ Hardware Manual for the unit, not what you see on its faceplate.

axelatmosphere wrote :

However your suggestion to mapp "Beatlock Toggle" is not really working. But I am not really familiar with mapping so maybe also my bad.
What else could I do to get rid of the beatlock? It is still on when I start a new track on the other deck - I have to press Shift + Range to reset BPM every time. Any other script suggested?

How do you know it is still on? Did you try the custom button option as well (deck active beatlock toggle - I know this works) and/or moving the tempo slider for one of the decks afterwards?

The default skin doesn't have an obvious visual indicator of beatlock (at least to my knowledge), and it doesn't reset the pitch slider or the range once it is off. How I really tell that it is off is that I can move each pitch slider on each deck independently, without the other deck's pitch slider following the movement. You still have to reset the pitch/pitch range afterwards, and that's expected behaviour, otherwise you can have sudden jumps in tempo.

Mensajes Mon 19 Aug 24 @ 8:19 pm
You are right, Beatlock is not activated. But SYNC still is. Everytime I am loading a new track on the other deck it will be automatically synced. I have to use Shift_Range to reset the pitch everytime I have a new track on.

How could I map "Sync Off" on Shift Sync?? I cannot find any action/ phrase or phrase to just

Thank you!

Mensajes Wed 21 Aug 24 @ 10:44 am
Once again, sync is a one time thing so it cannot continually be on (as already explained above).

What you probably have on is one of the auto sync options, most likely auto match BPM (take a look at the Deck Options section of the Decks section of the User Manual). I don't think any of the control mappings for the controller change those settings directly, so you may have had that on regardless of the controller.

You can either:

• Find them on the skin you are using and switch them off
  • Map this to a custom button, make each deck active and press it to switch them off

auto_match_bpm off & auto_pitch_lock off & smart_play off

I guess you could also just map the one button to do it for all four visible decks by chaining the above with & and putting a deck x modifier in front of each repetition (x = 1,2,3,4)

You should probably turn off all of the automation settings too: autoBPMMatch, autoPitchLock, smartPlay (this may already be done by the verbs but I'm not sure...good to check).

Mensajes Wed 21 Aug 24 @ 11:48 am
Again you are right! Switched off all of that options and I am fine now.

Thanks so much for your support!!

Mensajes Wed 21 Aug 24 @ 7:08 pm
Np glad to give help where I can 🍺

Mensajes Wed 21 Aug 24 @ 8:53 pm