Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Equipment for playing atomix live, cntd.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

mabalaHome userMember since 2002
Here are some more question that poped up into mind. I would appreciate your answers..

- I currently use audiowerk8 (emagic) sound card, and it seems there is a large latency between the waveform dsiplay and the sound played (which also gives trouble with the mixing) - I checked the settings panel, and it says the latency is only about a few milisecs. whats the deal here?
(when I switch to a SB16 card, everthing works fine)

- What soundcards do you advise to buy, so that I have a high SNR, proper sound, and some money left? (I'm planning on using an external USB card)

- Is there a way to control the atomix functions using an external midi keyboard?

Thanks alot !!

Mabala

Mensajes Fri 10 May 02 @ 11:55 pm
as far as the latency.. never had a problem with that. more than likely a problem with DirectX support for that card. ditch it.

as far as which cards to buy - i recommened against USB, it is generally good to avoid, unless you are using a laptop and can't avoid it. Some people on the forum have reported good results with the SB Extigy, though :) MAudio also makes a very fat looking USB interface but i've yet to hear much about it (they call it the audiosport if I recall) - It even has 1/4 TRS outputs... MAudio generally makes good stuff...

Personally, I use two el-cheapo CMedia-based sound boards. they have good S/N since everything is intergrated into the chip - no need for an external output stage. they are also very cheap and the drivers work well... latency is no problem with them (they are only $15 each too!) - sometimes simple is the best.

as far as MIDI keyboard support, there is no support for this that I know of. I simply use a USB keypad (20 keys that are programmable) to control atomixMP3 and it works great.. I put it right in front of the mixer, and a LCD flat panel right behind the mixer, and an optical mouse on the side. works out nicely.

Mensajes Sun 12 May 02 @ 4:27 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Do you have a link where I could take a look at one of these usb controllers ?

DJ Homeboy

Mensajes Sun 12 May 02 @ 9:32 am

Mensajes Sun 12 May 02 @ 12:38 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Thanks Redman !

DJ Homeboy

Mensajes Sun 12 May 02 @ 6:49 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)