Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: reverse, better synch, features like in vdm

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

here's what i would love to see.

- play in reverse, but don't actually make the song rewind. have it play reverse but still make the overall track progress forward.

- better synching.. i like what i've seen on the forums about ideas for a continuous synch option so you don't have to keep hitting the spacebar.

- the team to check out visual discomix. granted that atomix costs far less, but there is some really great functionality on vdm. i personally love the spin mixer. functionality like that would be awesome.

Mensajes Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 10:33 pm
1) About the play in reverse ... the king (DJ Corpse) is working on something like that. So be patient to that respect.

2) About the syncing ... you can try this (This was discussed in one of the other forums):

- Open the windows REGEDIT program (start menu / run and type "regedit" then ok)

- In the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ATOMIXMP3 folder, double-click on the "ResyncShift 882" line and change the value 882 to whatever you want (the value is in 1/44.1th of a milisecond, so 882 means 20ms), and close regedit.

If you want to disable the Resync, just set a value greater than 11024. Now I haven't really played around with this, so you can try for yourself. To my understanding, the lower the value you set it at .... the precise it is.

3) I did not like VDM ! Yeah it has a few more features like those special effects ... but as far as live performing and broadcasting goes, Atomix still kicks ass by far !!! And all the hardware was just a button bad. No knobs, LCD display, etc.

Cheers.
Dave.

Mensajes Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 11:08 pm
sweet.. thanx for that info. i'm gonna try messin' around with those registry entries you talked about. i would have never thought of something like that. i'm curious to try it. and that would def be awesome if corpse could accomplish the reverse plugin. he's def the man.

Mensajes Sun 24 Mar 02 @ 11:28 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
i don't get the play in reverse thing... wanna explain it a little better?

i'm going to go find this "vdm" of which you speak and see what the deal is.

Mensajes Tue 26 Mar 02 @ 10:13 pm
well visual discomix loads the entire mp3 file into main memory for better manipulation, and when you hit the "reverse" effect, the track starts playing in reverse, but doesn't start going back towards the beginning of the song. say at 45 seconds you hit "reverse" then at 1 minute you release it. when you release it the song position will be at 1 minute and not 30 seconds.

all i was saying was i just want a reverse option that doesn't make the track progression actually reverse. i know what i'm saying it's just hard for me to try and explain it i guess.

Mensajes Wed 27 Mar 02 @ 10:55 am
yeah, glad to see someones down with VDM, sure it cost a bit more but for mixing beat to beat, nothing comes close. Theres no way anyone can compare atomix to it,. Really load to files in it and then atomix and see what drift apart first ? VDM is tight as your sister lol. sorry that was rude but still, VDM is the best program if your looking to loop and mix your msuic. If you want an all in one and dont use external mixers, atomix is the best. its all about what your needs are. atomix's tricrossfadedersa nd shuch with the new visual plugin are awesome, but if your using external mixers, its not a big deal, its just all about how much you want to spend and where your at in the dj game

Mensajes Sun 31 Mar 02 @ 10:20 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)