Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Some things that would be great in 2.2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
OK team, 2.1 is awesome, we're almost there... (I don't know where "there" is but we're getting closer allright)

Here's what I think would make 2.2 really shine.

1. CDDB lookup, like mentioned in previous posts.
This would make it a lot easier to mix with CD's as you'd always know the track name, etc.

In fact, seeing as how the CDDB has extraneous information, maybe you could talk to the people that run it and see if BPM information could be uploaded to the database? That's just wishful thinking, though.

2. Built in record functionality.

I use an external mixer and find it really annoying to have to fire up another program to record. Not only that, but I lose the cut-to-next-wav-file functionality.

There seems to be plenty of space in the Record dialog, so why not add a source selector so that recording can be done from line-in? Apply the cut-to-next-wav button to this (but not the auto-cut, cause there's really no way to know when I'm done mixing :-)

3. Better default skin, with selectable 800x600 or 1024x768
I say, pay Jim Nordic and steal his JN-Classic skin for 2.2....

4. I want that hardware controller! - AND - it really needs to work in 2.2 and 2.5 and 3.0 and keep working for quite some time, is that ok with the team?

That's really all I can think of. 2.2 doesn't need to be a huge upgrade at all... just a few more little goodies like 1.1 - 1.12 was way back in the day. Just dump it into the beta-testing team's laps with no warning like a little surprise christmas gift :-)

Mensajes Tue 26 Mar 02 @ 10:31 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
Oh, forgot one thing: longer loops (up to 32 beats would be really nice, 16 at least) and A-B looping too.

Mensajes Wed 27 Mar 02 @ 8:59 pm
crundlePRO InfinityMember since 2003
I agree that the looping feature needs to be extended. If it can be done by halving the bpm of the tune, then surely it can be done without using this little trick with the memory used currently?

great product overall..
=)

Mensajes Tue 02 Apr 02 @ 2:05 pm
I agree longer loops!

Mensajes Mon 08 Apr 02 @ 11:10 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)