Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: VERY IMPORTANT info regarding tracks skipping while recording and playback

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

This is for everyone out there who has had alot of headaches with tracks skipping whilst recording or during playback.

I have read all the suggested reasons for tracks skipping that have been posted in these forums such as CPU speed, Hard Disk Speed, Audio Hardware settings etc...

I have come to the following conclusion:

Tracks skipping during playback or recording has little or nothing to do with CPU speed or HD speed. The MAJOR issues are as follows:

1. Getting the latest drivers for your soundcard
2. Downloading the latest Direct X (version 8)
3. Adjusting your Audio hardware settings to suit Atomix (settings - control panel - multimedia - audio)

I have done the above and now Atomix is working perfectly on my system which is not very fast and has a fairly basic soundcard.

I have an Intel Celeron 433Mhz with 130Mb memory and a fairly standard 6.4 Gig Hard Disk Drive. My soundcard is a C-Media with 3D. I am running Windows 98 SE.

Atomix works perfect for me with the following Audio Hardware settings:

PLAYBACK - Hardware Acceleration set to FULL
- Sample Rate set to BEST

RECORDING - Hardware Acceleration set to FULL
- Sample Rate set to GOOD

I did not have to disable any programs or fiddle with anything else. Infact I can record a mix with other programs running in the background withought any problems.

I would suggest you try doing the above 3 things before spending money upgrading your system. Try other combinations for your Hardware settings if the ones I have shown do not work because all soundcards are different. Otherwise conact your soundcard manufacturer and find out the optimum settings. I am almost 100% sure that the skipping is due to soundcard conflicts with Atomix rather than anything else.

I hope this info will help someone out there because i was getting pretty pissed off with the tracks skipping myself.

Happy mixing,

Alexx.

Mensajes Sun 21 Oct 01 @ 6:09 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)