Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: MP3 Database don't use ID3-Tags?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Sorry, not possible to register, server errors and on ...

When Atomix scans my drives for files it gives strange artist/title informations to his own database. I think that only the filenames were scanned and separated to the title/artist-fields. Example:

D:MP3ALBENTYPE O NEGATIVEOCTOBER RUST1 - Bad Ground

All informations are tagged in this songfile (artist: type o negative, album: october rust, track: 01, title: bad ground etc.).

Now the point: in Atomix (in both explorer and search view) I get: Artist: 01, title: bad ground

Searching for artists is impossible and my playlist contains only titles.

I don't like to re-tag all my files for that Atomix-requirements. Is there a way to import these informations ID3(V1 or V2)-tag-based.

I'm sorry for this strange english...

Thank you all in advance!

Tom

Mensajes Fri 09 Nov 01 @ 10:00 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Atomix don't read the id3 tags. You must rename your files like this: "artist - song.mp3".

Mensajes Fri 09 Nov 01 @ 11:37 pm
There is a utility called "File and MP3 Renamer" that will rename your MP3 files based upon the ID3 tag and what you tell it. Works great, shareware, only $5.

Mensajes Fri 16 Nov 01 @ 7:08 am
Thanks for the answers! I use a tool called "Tag&Rename" which is very good for multitagging and renaming. But the problem is: i don't want to rename all my files, because I use several programs and databases for listening and making music. If I rename files, I have to rebuild all databases and - that's the bad thing - in some programs I have created customized categories. To sort files in these folders has taken much time.

But I think I have no choice, if I want to use Atomix / eJay DJ Mixstation. O.k., thanks again for the replys.

Mensajes Fri 16 Nov 01 @ 2:55 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)