Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: How do I mix hip-hop/rap songs together?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey guys,
Just wonderin how you guys mix hip-hop or rap songs together. It seems hard since the autobeat matcher won't work for these types of songs. What do you guys do instead? Any tips would help. I mean, would you just preview the song and then keep messin around with the pitch until you get lucky or something? Seems rather difficult. How do you guys do it?

Mensajes Tue 23 Apr 02 @ 6:15 am
Once again you use your ear. You mix in on the first ebat, and you speed it up if it's goin to slow, and you slow it down when it goin to fast. You close your eyes, and listen. I know it's hard at first, but you gotta realize while atomix is an awesome tool, it can be destructive if you rely on the beat matching as a crutch. Learn to do it manually, then come back to the auto-match.

If you can learn to beat match hip-hop/r&b, or even jungle by ear, house and trance are a piece of cake. Just practice, practice, practice...

If mixing was easy, everyone would be doing it...

Mensajes Tue 23 Apr 02 @ 8:18 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Mostly all I mix is Hip hop. I have always have my mp3's listed in the order of bpm. A lot of the time there are songs that match perfectly but if you need to introduce a new bpm just use the brake effect.

DJ Homeboy

Mensajes Tue 23 Apr 02 @ 9:21 am
Yeah, I do the same thing with vinyl, if I'm having a hard timing getting into the song... or if I'm radically changing the bpm.

Mensajes Wed 24 Apr 02 @ 12:43 am
i just tried mixin' some hip hop last night for the first time. i turned off the beatmatch.. we all know by now that atomix ain't too swift when it comes to jungle/breakz/hip hop.

i got a few songs to go together. i had to mess with the bpm a lot. i got some songs to go pretty good. i just wish i had real equipment.

phatty720
dave

Mensajes Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 6:58 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I have to agree that sometimes atomix does report bpms wrong but all it takes is a little listening to and then modify the bpm as you see fit. I DJ every thursday, friday and saturday at a small club. Mostly all I mix is Hip Hop. So I know that it is very well possible to use Atomix to dj these genres. It just takes practice !

DJ Homeboy

Mensajes Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 10:55 am
I've noticed that if I have two tracks that I've just played through and stopped and then I reset the pitch for one of them and sync the other to that pitch using the sync_pitch-button it usually ends up 0.1 BPM or so of the notch..
The one that is reset can 127.5 BPM and the one I try to match will end up 127.4 or something like that no matter how many times I press sync_pitch....so listening is the ONLY way to get it right :)

Mensajes Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 5:37 pm
Just noticed this thread was about HIP/HOP and then it most certainly is that way but my previous post was about ANY music no matter how perfect the analysis went :)

Mensajes Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 5:40 pm
I'm from H-town so I use Atomix to make screwed and chopped rap cd's. I agree, I don't rely on the beat matching, well I couldn't even if I could because the chop would not be good. I usually lower the pitch for that H-town screw affect and let my ear guide me.

Mensajes Tue 21 May 02 @ 8:55 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)