Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Can't Get XP10 and TCCD working together

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Ok everyone, I've been messing with this for a few hours now and I give up. No matter what I do, I cannot get the XP10 and TCCD working at the same time. I'd like to use the TCCD to do nearly everything, but use the XP10 to access my cue points, browse and load files, set loops, etc.

I can only get 1 XP10 working once I have the TCCD enabled. It does work fine, but I need both working. When I connect the second XP10, the USB sound device of the XP10 shows up but the second green light on the Remote tab never lights.

Has someone figured out how to do this yet?

Mensajes Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 5:02 am
I use XP10's with TCV and they work fine. Both XP10's can be used to control VDJ functions while using the vinyls for mixing. I can easily switch between using the TCV's for control or the XP10's using the timecode_active shortcut. timecode_bypass is also useful for playing real vinyls (Same would apply if you want to play a normal audio CD.)

I have the XP10's and Maya44 connected to a powered USB 2 hub. The Maya44 is used for sound output rather than the internal XP10 sound cards.

Mensajes Sun 14 Aug 05 @ 11:07 pm
Thanks JP. I have the same basic setup that you do. Using the Maya44 USB for sound and XP10 for control. They are all connected to a Belkin Powered USB hub as well. Sounds like your setup working exactly the way I need it to work. I don't need to worry about the timecode_bypass shortcut though. I have Y adapters on the outputs of my 1200s and the second output goes into the mixer. I just flip to line 3 or 4 and I can play regular CDs on my 1200s.

The sound card from the second XP10 shows up when everything is connected, just the XP10 part is not recognized for some reason. There is only one green light in the remote tab for XP10. I've already submitted a note to e-service.

Mensajes Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 5:25 am
Looks like this might be some kind of USB hub issue. Even though my USB hub is powered. I did this:

1st step - plug 1 XP10 into builtin USB (confirm vdj sees it)

2nd step - plug in powered usb hub into builtin. In that hub I plug in 1 XP10, Maya44 USB and 1 USB hard drive. Confirmed that VDJ could see everything.

Now there are two green lights on the XP10 panel, like there should be. Gonna test out the TCCD with XP10 right now to make sure it all works like it should.

Mensajes Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 5:38 am
Ok, tested for about 2 hours tonight. Heard on or two pops / clicks with the TCCD. Concerned but not paranoid about them. I put the latency at Normal, this seems to be the best for minimal pops & clicks. The important thing was that I prove the XP10 and TCCD did actually work at the same time. It does. Looks like I'll have to purchase another powered hub just to be safe.

As far as the perfomance, my mixes were tight. Very tight since I had my XP10 to jog with live. This would be my biggest complaint about the Technics DZ1200 cd players. Not easy to make minor adjustments while the track is playing. The XP10 have a jog, Pioneer CDJ have jog wheels,... not the Technics CD players, you either have to throw the track with your hand or use the pitch control to catch up or slow down

Hope some of that is helpful.

Mensajes Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 9:19 am
Your problem might be caused by using an external HDD on the same USB hub as well as the XP10's and Maya44.

From using a powered USB 1.0 hub in the past, I know that the XP10's are quite sensitive and may stop working if there isn't enough USB bandwidth (The HDD will take up a lot of USB bandwidth when loading files, especially videos if you use these.)

I'm using an internal HDD in my laptop atm. If you have more than 1 USB bus in your PC/laptop, I recommend connecting the HDD to a separate bus to the XP10's and Maya44. If you only have 1 bus, you could probably do this by adding another USB card to your machine (PCMCIA USB adaptor in the case of a laptop.)

As for the Technics DZ1200, these look good but it's a shame that they have no pitch bend buttons. With real vinyl you can make fine adjustments using the spindle or the label, but this player is missing both of these (Taken up by the display in the middle.) They should have really included pitch bend buttons to compensate for this. The outer jog wheel on the XP10's is excellent for making fine adjustments.

Mensajes Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 3:16 pm
Funny you should mention the lack of pitch bend buttons on the DZ1200. I was thinking the exact same thing. It is VERY tricky to make fine adjustments with the DZ1200. With vinyl you could just grip the spindle - that is exactly what I was thinking. This is why I wanted the XP10s hooked up so badly. I need to be able to make fine adjustments.

What in the world was technics thinking when they omitted the pitch bend +/- buttons? It makes absolutely NO sense why they would make a player *nearly* complete and then leave out critical features, like remaining time on mp3 files or a decent scratch sound with pitch lock on.

Oh well, I'm pretty happy with the setup so far either way. If I can find my cable, I may just end up hooking the HD up to firewire bus instead.

Mensajes Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 5:16 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Every USB port in your PC only could power 500mA. If you use a USB HUB it must by a powered one, 'cause if not you can only have 500mA to power ALL your USB devices. If you power your USB hub you could get 500mA in each port of the USB.

If your PC support it, use USB 2.0 Hub. The bandwith is the other thing that is affecting the time responses.

Mensajes Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 6:49 pm
Like I said above in my posts, my USB hub is powered by a little adapter that plugs into the wall. It is USB 2.0 and now I am gonna use TWO powered USB hubs. One for the XP10 and One for the Maya. As soon as I find my cable I will start using the hard drive as firewire, not USB.

Mensajes Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 10:26 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)