Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Will 2 channel mixers work? VERY IMPORTANT!! PLEASE READ!!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

logic54Home userMember since 2005
I have a 2 channel vestax mixer. It EITHER has 2 phono or 2 line at one time. If I use time coded vinyl will this work? Remember I can only have 2 sources on my mixer working at 1 same time so either line in or phono. Alsi will I be able to cue with my mixer and listen to wats on virtual dj too cue up? Thanks and get back to me as soon as possible cuz I might get maya 44 tomorow.

Logic

Mensajes Fri 07 Oct 05 @ 7:19 am
The way I understand it, I may be wrong, the output from each deck goes into a separate line-in on your soundcard and then the two outputs from the sound card go into the two line ins on your mixer, so yes your mixer will work - BUT, i'm not sure if you can just take the 'phono' output from the decks into the line-in. You may need a pre-amp to bring it up to line in level otherwise it won't loud enough for the soundcard. May depend on the sound card though.

Mensajes Fri 07 Oct 05 @ 1:33 pm
Hi Logic,

if you plan to use regural vinyl and TCV at too you will need a splitter. In case you have not the switch from phono to line by hand but it's on the backside, you can probably use the "bypass" function of vdj and it will enable you to hear real vinyl thru vdj (as vdj has integrated preamlifier and RIAA corrector).

Anyway to be able to prelisten on your mix you will need full version.
Also to use 2 TCVS i think.

Hope this helps,
nice day to you.

Mensajes Fri 07 Oct 05 @ 1:42 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Logic,

The standard use of TCVs is using the line input of your mixer. You could use a plugin (RIAA Inverter) to use your phono inputs of your mixer with VDJ.

If you have vinyls (records or 12") that you may use, you need a splitter which will be use the 4 inputs of your mixer; Phono are connected to Turntables and also line inputs of your maya 44 will be connected to your TTs too using the stereo splitter. You connect also the Line inputs of your mixer to the outputs of the Maya 44. This is only needed if you want to use regular vinyls in your setup.

If that's not going to happened, then you could use or your phono inputs (via RIAA Inverter plugin) or your Line inputs of your mixer.

Again, VDJ + Mixer + Headphones only will work in a full register version of VirtualDJ.

Mensajes Fri 07 Oct 05 @ 2:34 pm
logic54Home userMember since 2005
Does anyone have aim or yahoo messanger that can help me 1 on 1 with a chat. Thank I cant really understand too well.

Logic

Mensajes Sun 09 Oct 05 @ 7:36 am
I have ICQ only :-)

but please tell as if you have any vinils you want to play, or you just
want to use Timecoded vinyls to control virtual dj.

Mensajes Mon 10 Oct 05 @ 4:21 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)