Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Hercules=Go or No GO?!?!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

ok i've heard good and bad about the hercules dj console... sooo many softaware problems and of course over sensitive jog wheels... no to mention poor crossfader and lack of space near crossfader. I heard about some product coming out from beringer... so should i spend he dough on the hercules? wait for beringer? or forget em both and shell out the money for TCV?

Mensajes Sat 08 Oct 05 @ 6:44 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
There are to different things. I have TCVs and TCCDs and I was amaze for the great response in TCVs. But it's about how you feel in TTs or in CD-Players or if you want a controller to use with VDJ like DJConsole or the Behringer BCD-2000. I think BCD-2000 is going to be a great interface with VDJ, if it shows up someday. But I never drop my TCVs; I could use my Technics again!. :-)

Mensajes Sat 08 Oct 05 @ 6:56 pm
see my issue is using virtual DJ is my first look in the world of DJing. I own no tt or CD-TT. I know that I would like to go vinyl eventually but $ is an issue. I really dont want to go buy lower end TT and Mixer and be disappointed with quality. So i figured maybe go with some other type of interface until i can afford what i want. Maybe theres someone on this forum who would like to get rid of some old TT hehe... anyway i am just trying to get some insight on what the best plan is...

Mensajes Sat 08 Oct 05 @ 7:05 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
honestly if it's a direct drive turntable it's good enough for VDJ.There are some nice strong lower priced TT now. It's easier if you give us a budget limit and see what we can suggest.

Mensajes Sat 08 Oct 05 @ 8:28 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
As of today, the hercules dj console is still the best low-cost VDJ controller there is and I recommend it. If you make sure to get a bulk 3 version (no jogwheel issue), then it will be a great tool to discover the joys of (v)dj'ing.
I used to have one for a year before I got the XP10s, and I thought it was great. Now I sold my xp10s for financial reasons, but I got my old dj console back from the friend who had it, and I'm still pretty happy with it. The proximity of the fader and jogwheels, you learn to deal with after a few minutes, it's really not bad.
If only there was a specific vdj/console mapper like there is for the xp10!

Mensajes Sat 08 Oct 05 @ 8:36 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Mensajes Sat 08 Oct 05 @ 8:45 pm
ok well i'm thinking about purchasing one. How long has the behringer bcd-2000 been "coming soon"? I've done searches on it and all came up with the same thing "coming soon" or "to be announced" I must say this thing looks nice! Seems like it has much more options and i think the look is much more attractive. I like the fact that the Volume for each channel is more near the crossfader much like a real mixer. So you can easily kill one channel while in a scratch... not sure that either one of these consoles is what i want for scratching... even thought im doig pretty good with just a mouse and some easy keyboard shortcuts to momentarily bring crossfader to center... anyway thanks for the info i will keep researching... as for price range... well i figure i will have to buy 2 direct drive turntables and a mixer... i think i read somewhere that i need 4 channel mixer to use TCV... that true anyway all in all looking to shell out around $500 - $600. just make sure you dont tell my wife those numbers.

Mensajes Sat 08 Oct 05 @ 9:11 pm
well i think i answered my own question... took some time and searched the forums... think i will stay away from HDJC... Is there a place where i can get more info on XP-10s? i miht just say forget it and got TCV shell out the cash so i can play real viny las well...

Mensajes Sat 08 Oct 05 @ 9:34 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The Hercules is only functional when combined with an external mixer, alone It's just a good soundcard and only bsic control, but the new Hercules will have a soundcard that will be compaitable with time coded vinyl, so you wont need another soundcard, You could combine the Hercules with timecoded vinyls and control VDJ with both at the same time.., Hercules would be great for loops, effects etc..

Mensajes Sat 08 Oct 05 @ 10:42 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)