Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Maya44USB - A couple of questions.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi, just replaced my Terratec soundcard with the Maya44USB, so I can get some ASIO low latency action.
When setting it up under virtual DJ the only way i've got it to work is choose advance config, and select MAYAASIO in the drop down list for each deck, is this the correct way? (Not for timecoded vinyl, I will try this later). I notice the visual effects do not 'react' to the music in this way, am I doing something wrong.

Second question -
Shortly I will be setting up for timecoded vinyl. I've noticed in the setup guide you should attach the 'grounds' of the decks not to the mixer but to the computer case. As I'm using a laptop and a mayausb soundcard I have no 'metal' computer case to attach it to - Where should I connect the ground to ?

Thanks for any suggestions.....

Mensajes Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 11:17 am
just use your mixer ground perhaps, anyway why do you need to ground it to the PC i wonder :S

Mensajes Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 3:31 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

I don't use the ground terminal for TCVs, but some cartridge needs to be grounded and others take the ground from the right ground of the phono input. If your cartridge need to be grounded (like some Stanton) you must use the PC ground to act as your reference input (because your soundcard is plugged there).

Mensajes Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 4:33 pm
I've had the same problem with advanced config and visual effects (The ones shown when no video is playing) when I have tried this in the past when using VDJ without the decks/TCV connected.

The solution is to use the timecode setup but simply disable to the timecode control, which can easily be done for each deck via the timecode_active shortcut. On the DAC-3 with my config, SHIFT+R on each side activates and de-activates timecode.

For grounding, I use the ground connection on my mixer and don't have any problems.

Mensajes Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 5:41 pm
Cool - will try that, thanks (again) for your help.

P.S. Suggest using that maple driver instead of midi yoke for your DAC-3. There are serious problems with the midi-yoke one - do a search in google for incompatiblities with winxp......

Mensajes Fri 28 Oct 05 @ 4:18 pm
Nick,

You have the config right. It is the advanced config that you have to use. The visual effects do not react to the music yet. That is something that I am sure will be implemented in a future update.

Killabee44

Mensajes Sat 29 Oct 05 @ 1:44 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
And to complete the answers to your two questions, if you need to ground like ACW explained with some cartridges, you can just take a screw out of the bottom of your laptop, attach the ground wire and then screw it back in. That's how I do it and it works fine with a Stanton 500 AL cartridge.

Mensajes Mon 31 Oct 05 @ 5:14 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)