Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Can we have a "Record Case" ?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Can we have a "Record Case" feature please where tracks can be stored, sorted and searched ?

note: this is different than a Playlist where tracks are arranged by vDJ based on last played, or removed based on already played.

Mensajes Fri 09 Apr 04 @ 4:54 am
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
in v1.09, drag the tracks you want in the playlist pannel, and then click on the "bring to list" button on the playlist pannel (the last with a left arrow icon).
This will open the "working" folder in the browser and your selected files will be in, ready to be sorted, searched and so on...

Mensajes Wed 14 Apr 04 @ 12:44 pm
Dev Staff: I understand the method as you explained it. However, you are missing the point of the request. Maybe you assume that I only want to put a few tracks in a list and play them for one session. If the list is to be used more than once, when you move the saved list of tracks to the "working folder" of the browse view from the Playlist panel, the tracks are rearranged by vDJ based on what was last played.

We go around and around with this point. See discussions in thread http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=4238

It is the automatic moving around of tracks by vDJ that is the issue. The features of the Playlist as it is does not need to change since it is useful for many. That is why I am asking for a "Record Case", which would be an additional feature where tracks remain where I put them. See reference about "flow" in thread http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=4215 for those of us who know about it.

How about just an option that turns off the feature where vDJ tries to keep track of what was played last ? That would work too.

Mensajes Wed 14 Apr 04 @ 3:15 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
In the registry, set the variable "AutoSort" to something big (actually "7" is enough), and it will do the trick.

Anyway, thank to your remark, in v1.10 the autosort will be automatically disabled while browsing through playlists.

PS: to change variables in the registry, click on the start menu of windows, select "execute..." (last item), type in "regedit" and press ok. Then in the window open the folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / Software / VirtualDJ, then dblclick on the value you want to change.

Mensajes Fri 16 Apr 04 @ 12:03 pm
Praises to the Dev Staff - Internal Team !!!

See what a little communications can do ??? Thank you for listening, thank you for keeping an open mind, thank you for providing an answer. What a simple fix ? Fantastic.

For me this is a good reason to finally upgrade to 1.09 from 1.07b.

Mensajes Sat 17 Apr 04 @ 4:18 am
Value = 7 will still cause alphabetical sorting of the directories if the tracks in the playlist are in different directories.

Value = 6 appears to turn off all sorting. Maybe dev team can sonfirm.

[:o)

Mensajes Tue 20 Apr 04 @ 12:53 pm
I kind of like VirtulDJ explorer based record case. What kills me is, that Virtual DJ stores the BPM info in the database. So when I move files around those tracks Do not show up. I wish that it stored it in the mp3 or the same folder at least so I can move my mp3s around and virtual DJ will not have to recount.

Mensajes Fri 07 May 04 @ 1:07 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
A way is to write the BPM in the filename itself, so when you move, the BPM is already told by it's title.

Mensajes Fri 07 May 04 @ 9:19 am
exactly! I have to recount my tracks every time i move them around from HDD to HDD

Mensajes Fri 07 May 04 @ 4:54 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
ehm no

I wanted to say YOu, when you change the bpm of a song, you can write it manually is the file name, like

artist - no - title - bpm.mp3

So there's no matter wherever you put the file.

Other trick : If you move the files from inside of VDJ, the datas will not been lost...

FRUiT94

Mensajes Fri 07 May 04 @ 5:30 pm
@wireless, here is a prog that may help you to do bulk renaming of your files

HUTMIL
by
www.triplehash.com

although I'm not sure what you would do about the Cue Points and other data saved in the vDJ database against the original name. Maybe vDJ support can give us a tool to edit the vDJ database directly for special cases [:o)

By the way, while we are talking about tools, here is a nother tool to keep your backup HDD in sync with your main drive.

WINGDIR
by
www.silverwingsystems.com

Mensajes Sat 08 May 04 @ 12:41 pm
Sorry about the error on HUTMIL, that is not the right prog. Can't seem to find it now. Will keep looking around my PC for the right name for you.. anyway the prog I'm referring to does bulk renaming of .MP3 files.

Mensajes Sat 08 May 04 @ 12:59 pm
I found a program..... MP3 tag it!!! It searches databases on the net and then renames all the files........ all at the click of a button. Very rarely you may have to choose which album out of 2-5 it is but it helped me put over 15k songs on my system in next to no time. But it does cost a whopping.... £10 or something like that that!

Well its cheap and it does the job. I've only had 4 albums that it hasn't been able to find all the details for, never really typed owt in at all, and it can sort your id tags out as well and do bulk renaming. Can't remember the site as my laptop has it on and its back at the shop for repair.

Hope this helps.

Mensajes Sat 08 May 04 @ 4:56 pm
Here's a program that will edit mp3 id tags (and do a lot more), and it's free:

http://massid3lib.sourceforge.net

Don't know what it does to your comments and cues in vdj though...

Mensajes Mon 16 Aug 04 @ 12:04 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)