Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Auto BPM and Gain

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Curently the auto gain and BPM functions do not activate themseleves to set up a track if it has started playing (or it thinks it has). The thing is the play light goes on and off alot when im using vdj live at an event or in the studio with the volume up quite high infact if you so much as touch the the mixing coffin the play button will trigger. this presents a problem when you are expecting VDJ to do something (eg match BPM or gain) and you will be caught out because all of a sudden as you are playing your song out you realise that that horrible mess of sound is coming out because the beats are not matched! or the incoming soung is sooo loud or sooo quiet because the gain did not match as you had expected it to! i dont know what can be done about this but i dont mind if vdj was to change gain and the pitch to equal the bpm of the other deck while it was playing than not do it at all some times. i mean if the song is playing out before it is analysed its 99% certain that its only being cued not played out, who here plays a track straight out without even letting it finnish analysing?

i propose the following options

Auto Gain: ALLLLLLLLWAAAYYSSSSSS match!

Auto BPM: AAALLLLLLWWAAYYYYSSSSS match!

Mensajes Sat 05 Nov 05 @ 5:06 pm
does anyone mind about this or do you all live with it?

Mensajes Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 2:07 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I don't use auto-bpm but i use "always match" auto gain.
The problem is (if we're talking about the same) :
When i load a track for the first time (not analyzed), then at the exact moment when loading/analysing is done, if the track is in play mode, then auto-gain is not working.

The problem does not exist if:
1. the track was analyzed before
2. track is not playing at the end of loading/analysing (even if i pressed play/stop during loading)

Mensajes Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 3:20 am
Exactly...

You need to analyze the song BEFORE you play it, or Virtual DJ does not know what gain or BPM to set...

If you drag a song to a deck, that is not analyzed, and hit play... it will play.. and be analyzed at the same time, BUT it will have incorrect gain and BPM for some seconds until its fully analyzed...

the way to do it, is to analyze songs BEFORE you drag them to a deck (only needed for new songs that have never been played)

right-click the mp3 file and choose "analyze"

thats it :)

Mensajes Tue 08 Nov 05 @ 4:25 am
why do i need to analyse a song first just so the auto gain works? i have alot of songs and i play alot of my songs live off cd anyway or riped that day. having to analyse first seems silly when it would work fine without doing that if only it worked, or atleast had the option to work slightly differently. yes your rite it only doesnt set the 'allways match' gain if you have never loaded or analysed the track before. what i am saying is i want to be able to chose to play songs at short notice etc and just want to load up a song like you can with a vinyl or cd without having to wait for it to be anaylsed and do this seperatley etc. i dont mind if its to change while playing after it has analysed fully as this will not be allowed by me from playing out un-analysed and consequently about to change BPM or gain. i think its important that all, or atleast most of the software saftey nets if you can call them that can be changed as sometimes these get in the way. having the option to remove the deck protection from allways to never etc is invaluble to me. can you imagine not having that one?

er does that make sence lol?

Mensajes Sun 13 Nov 05 @ 3:23 am
My problem is it takes FOREVER to analyze songs! I have about 14,000 on my HDD and I will let it run over night, and come back, not done... have done it several days in a row. I think it would be GREAT if the software DID NOT analyze songs it already analyzed!

Mensajes Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 7:23 am
The reason is that the RAM is filled with information about analized data. So if it goes fast at the beginning, you'll see that it will go slower and slower. This is maybe not an issue that the program can do anything about. But I recommend that you analize say 2000 songs at a time.
There are differences between RAM regarding this issue, some are clearing processed data directly some are not. A shutdown of your computer is the only way to really be sure that the RAM is fully cleared, no power, no way of info to stay in RAM.

Mensajes Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 12:34 pm
PCGumshoe just click on the database sort the songs by bpm or duration on the end of the list
you will find files that were not analysed /have no time or bpm info/.
Mark them using for example:
click on the first file in the browser, hold shift and page down (as in windows)
then rightclick on the blue marked songs and choose analyse.

I do this in smaller batches.

Also be carefull that not all songs are analysed good and when you make adjustments and reanalyse again, your adjustments will get lost. (also i think but am not sure all your cues regarding reanalysed song too)

Mensajes Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 3:40 pm
... you can always wait with hitting PLAY, until song is completely loaded into ram and analyzed.
When you play a new song...

Then gain and bpm will be calculated and saved, before you start playing the song.

the problem is ONLY if you start the song, before its fully loaded into ram (for new never before played songs)

Mensajes Mon 14 Nov 05 @ 5:03 pm
but as i said in the very first post when using TCV the play button goes off all the bloody time and most of the songs i play are 'new never before played'. you dont have an option to not start it cause bass or a slight tap will cause a vibration that the software enterprates as the song starting up. i guess i could turn off TCV via a shortcut or something before i load a song and re-enable it when tis done but were getting stupid now its only a simple option to add and it would make a large difference to how much you can rely on the software to do what you expect it to do when you need it most, like rushing to make a last second change to the track your about to cut into the mix.

Mensajes Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 4:22 am
@XEO

the best thing to do, when using TCV, is to analyze the track BEFORE you play it...

when you select a NEW song in your database, right click and analyze .. and wait for about 2 secs for the analyze. Then drag it to a deck, and play it..

And the world is happy:)

Mensajes Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 1:39 pm
wel what i usualy do at the moment is let new songs anaylse in the deck but keep an eye on it to make sure that the pitch slider isnt at 0% and the gain is the same as the other. thing is when its all getting a bit too much and you have loops here and effects there and auditioning effects on the effect cue and samples and and and and....................lol. it gets too much and you dont remeber to check. im not trying to say its vdjs fault, im just saying it could be made to be more idiot proof lol for people like me.

im sorry everyone if im allways sounding negative in everything i say. thing is we all know this is a good program, thats why weve all got it after all but if we just chatted all day about how great it is then nothing would be improved or developed.

Mensajes Wed 16 Nov 05 @ 3:41 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)