Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Pentium IV 3 GHz?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey guys...hope you are all extremely well in the VDJ world...:o)

So i log on this evening and find there's an update to 3.2....'excellent', says I...'can't wait'. But i come in to check it out and seems that the recommended requirements have JUMPED FROM 1.6 GHZ TO 3 GHZ in one update!!!

Wow man. Are you guys gonna just keep coming up with more and more 'resource demanding' updates?

Don't get me wrong, i'm sure the update will be excellent...but I'm a little scared to download this patch cos i'm only running from a 1.2 ghz machine with 512mb ddr with an nvidia card and soundblaster s/card. Now, to date i have had a couple of crashes, but these have all been after playing over long periods of time and what have you. i've just rebuilt my homebuilt and tested it solid for 21 hours without a crash...but this is only a 1.1 ghz chip.

I suppose my question to you is: "Will my VDJ continue to work if I download this patch?" I was reading another thread and saw one member saying how he is going to keep his at 3.1 at the moment... I'm kinda thinking the same. My 3.1 is running perfectly and I love it dearly...i don't think i'm ready to jeopardise my gigs...and my business...if there's the potential that my machines can't handle this new update.

Any comments would be appreciated...apart from 'upgrade your machine!!!' which i will do eventually, but right now can't really afford to.

Cheers guys...and keep spinnin'...:o)

P

Mensajes Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 12:30 am
what you can do, is copy the 3.1 exe file inside vdj directory, and name it virtualdj_31.exe

Then install the update, and test.. :)

And you can then run both 3.1 and 3.2

I have installed 3.2 on my laptop that is far from the recommended specs, and it runs fine :)

Mensajes Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 1:38 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)