Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Loading time is taking Forever.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

My laptop only works when it wants to. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes it doesn't for no specific reason. Once I set it and it started working, I never messed with the settings again. So I don't understand why it would just start acting up for no reason. This is the main reason why i didn't want to spend money on the real thing. Don't get me wrong, I love VDJ, but only when it works. Which hardly ever happens. So how am I supposed to risk DJing in a club. I've tried everything that I can think of and everything I have been told to do by the support team, but it'll never work flawlesslly. I used the tweaking tool available here and totally dedicated my laptop to VDJ. That's the only program running on my computer. When i'm playing music on both decks, my CPU Usage is at 20% which I guess is fine. I don't intend to use VDJ for Videos, so maybe there are some features I can turn off so I can use it fine? I don't know. When i'm using the basic output(i.e my laptop speakers, it loads perfectly and faster than I've ever seen. The moment I switch to timecoded vinyls, loading time takes forever. MAN I'M ALMOST GIVING UP ON THIS DIGITAL MAYHEM PLEASE HELP.

Mensajes Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 6:41 am
Mantahoe,

Don't give up yet buddy.
1st How much memory do you have.
2nd What is your max load setting set at?
3rd Are you using an external hard drive with your laptop? if yes, is it connected directly to your laptop or to a USB hub?

The CPU seems to be about right. Mine jumps from 20-33% so yours is normal. are you using an external HDD.

I know many here in the community that are quite computer savy and we can definatelly help you out.

DJ White Devil

Mensajes Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 3:54 pm
WhiteDVL, answers to your questions
1)Memory is 1024MB
2)Max Load Setting is set to 10mn
3)I'm using an ipod as my external hard drive via USB.
Just reminding you, the songs load perfectly fine when the sound configuration is set to my pc speakers i.e. the first option. The problem only occurs when I switch to TCV's.

Mensajes Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 6:04 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i had a similar problem not sure if it could be related, i was doing too much on my pc at once with vdj open and it crashed(my fault for pushing too much with not enough ram) straight to a reboot, i reopened vdj after and my songs were loading super slow as you describe, i checked my cpu% and it was running like 90-100% and the only thing open was vdj(along with just minor XP required things) what i then did was go into tcv options and all of a sudden the tracks were loaded fast like normal. So in my case it just seemed to be a asio driver refreshing. VDJ has crashed about 3 times on me (all my fault) and i always lose the 2nd soundcard on TCV, so again i just open the settings to check the signals and it automaticly starts working as the drivers must had reloaded or something. Could be possible that its the asio driver is not working properly where you describe on non-TCV settings it functions and loads tracks fine. I'm not an expert just tossing an idea out there. What do you have for soundcard? WhiteDVL any ideas?

Mensajes Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 6:57 pm
I'm using a U46DJ Soundcard. Before the 3.2 update, I had to use ASIO4ALL with my soundcard but now I can use the ASIO that came with the soundcard. But I still have the same problem I had then.

Mensajes Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 7:30 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

For me the problem is in th ASIO drivers... anyway, with ASIO4ALL you could get this working fairly enough. did you try to change the values of the ASIO4ALL parameters? this must be done in VirtuallDJ->Config->SoundCards->TCVs->Config Time Coded->ASIO Config. Change the parameters in there.

Good Luck!

Mensajes Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 1:36 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)