Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Mixing for Rap Music [DJ Khronic]

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

khr0nicHome userMember since 2005
Ok, for all those people who need help with mixing with rap music, and have a hard time with adjusting with the different beats and etc. with it, ask me and I will help any of you. I have mixed with thousands of songs, about 1 out of 5 songs that I have is very "intense" and so you have to adjust to that. Here are a few things you need to know about mixing w/rap from home, to clubs. First, check the BPMs of all your songs, but I "Do" know for a fact that when you don't listen to the music ahead of time, you will screw up everything and won't know howto adjust when mixing slow songs with fast songs. Next, you will need to know when to bring beats back, scratching at the right times for crowds to go wild, and finally you must know when to fade the song into the next one. This will not sound very great, trust me LoL!...Like, I know these two songs for example mix very well, if you are into the concept of mixology and the way of making 2 or more songs into one; The following songs, "Mariah Carey - Can't Let Go" and "Grillz - Nelly, Paul Wall". With the right synchronization, you will hear something beautiful, trust me. Now if you perfer, you should record the two songs before hand and use it later, becuase trust me, I would. Lastly, the song, "Grillz" has a really bass-matic style, so you can duck and subdue the bass using the "Kill Bass" option, or clicking on your Virtual DJ, "Low" and "Medium", which you will only hear vocals and the jingles, but nothing choppy and loud. Then for final touches you can just "Gain" the song "Grillz" about 2.5 - 4.0 to mix the song in really well for optimization, but whichever you perfer. Now use this guide when mixing slow old songs into fast and new songs. Remember having the right type of beat is all it takes. Oh, I forgot to mention, that when mixing the songs together, you have to umm, auto sync. the two songs, then manually sync. the beats on your own to your likings. If you have any type of questions, then ask me about it all, becuase I about explained 92% of the steps and technique to use to mix rap music together! - DJ KhroniC

Mensajes Sat 03 Dec 05 @ 6:31 am
Nice advice. Thanks for all your help.

MS

Mensajes Sun 04 Dec 05 @ 3:41 am
Thanks. I really appreciate it, because recently, I tried out a mix with a nice classical old song, and in return, I put a rap song in it. It sounded excellent and sophisticated, and I really am proud. I won't tell you the classical song, but I mixed the classical music with some Jay-Z and some other song, from Ludacris, and then I mixed it with, something else that sounded tight. I loved it, and thats another advice you all sound try to experiment with. FIND A CLASSICAL SONG, and MIX IT WITH A RAP SONG, and tell me the classical song you mixed and the rap song you mixed it with, and how it went. Simply easy but it takes a bit skill to get the cues to perfection and the beat right on track, becuase even with the SYNC option, it still don't go right. SO yeh, FEEDBACK PEOPLE!...

Mensajes Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 11:45 pm
how can i contact u then :P

Mensajes Thu 15 Dec 05 @ 1:51 am
Well you can contact me by Yahoo! Instant Messenger.
Then from there, I can show you from a conference or something, and I'll help ya out. Or show you some demos. And we can take it step by step.

YID: --
Email: --@--.--

Thankz.

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry khr0nic no email address is allowed from a demo user

Mensajes Thu 22 Dec 05 @ 5:15 am
hey also found songs that are perfectly mixed together, its TOK- Unknown Language, and Jamesy P ft. Elephant Man- Nookie(Soca Remix). the BPM's are so perfectly matched its not even funny lol like i found the instrumental of nookie and i sort of acapella mixed it with unknown language to create sort of a new remix with a different riddim, e.x unknown language is the coolie dance riddim(the beat), and nookie riddim, is also a beat so i mixed them and i can record it to be TOK-Unknown Language(Nookie Riddim Remix)..ya anywayss if anyone wants to try it your more than welcome justt a tipp

Mensajes Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 1:58 am
Ay mixing songs is real tight. Im really feeling as though im geting the hang of it. I was always around djing because my uncle was a hiphop dj in new York, so its real hot to do some of the things he did without needing to use all that vinyl. My question though is about scratching. It seems real hard to scratch using the left button on the mose. My roomate says that I should try using the rolling thingy on the mouse. Whats ur advice dudes?

Mensajes Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 5:18 am
Hey forgot. Check my skills out on tripledahustle.com. DJ Sonny Cheebs Signing out!

Mensajes Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 5:19 am
Never even knew you could use the mouse wheel. Seems ALOT easier to control! Thanks dude!

Mensajes Sun 22 Jan 06 @ 11:04 am
Hi all.
Yeah you can use the roll wheel in the middle of your mouse whilst cursor is over the deck. It gets a bit notchy tho because of the stops on the wheel but it is good for cueing
have fun

Nikki

Mensajes Tue 24 Jan 06 @ 5:42 pm
Mmm, I'm back after come clubs and parties with about 96% success rate every time. I'll be here for now until a long time now, since my DJ'ing is over for now until I make about 40 more premixes and then mix my premixes. (Premix) Accapella + Instrumental -- Instrumental + Accapella and "Full_Song" in any order is what I do when I mix. But its all based on the song and the bpm which is one of the things people who mix rap and hip hop really need to focus on.

sometimes u can just manually adjust the bpm if ur really good like me, but still sometimes i perfer lookin @ the bmp myself to make sure, and sometimes another factor is that ur bpm is screwed up so u gotta rely on ur ears and your rhythm.

Mensajes Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 12:56 am
Thanks for your help

Mensajes Sun 05 Nov 06 @ 8:05 am
cxr133Home userMember since 2006
Can you post some basic laymen description on dropping on the 1??

thanks

Mensajes Mon 06 Nov 06 @ 5:35 am
No problem.

Mensajes Mon 06 Nov 06 @ 10:05 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)