Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: How do you end your gigs? - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
This is for all you mobile djs.... Do you have any cool ways of ending the night at a gig? Anything up your sleeves worth sharing to your VDJ peers?? I usually do the Donna Summer's thing (at a wedding or formal gathering - if a song hasn't already be selected by the customer). Sometimes I'll just get on the mic and say something stupid like "OK guys, [client's name] is tired and is refusing to pay me for an additional hour. I know, I know...I'm having a good time too...but I gotta sending packing.."

Mensajes Mon 05 Dec 05 @ 1:48 am
I usually do club gigs and it's last call so the management is trying to get everyone out of there right away. A lot of the times they will say "play something to clear the dance floor". If it's a hot party and am trying to end with a bang, I usually do something that will get the girls moving like erotic city or something.

Mensajes Mon 05 Dec 05 @ 3:18 am
i usually play last dance 15 minutes before the end to get everybody on the dance floor
then play 3 more good songs
i hate "that's what friends are for"...but i might throw that one on as the absolute last song
i know some people who play the mickey mouse theme as the ending--really cheesey in my opinion
hit the road jack is another cheesey ending
hope this helps
dk

Mensajes Mon 05 Dec 05 @ 3:31 am
Ladies and Gentleman, I am going into my last set here so on behalf of the staff and management here at club so and so I hope you have all had a good time. Thank you and good night.

If its a wedding I say: Ladies and Gentleman, I am going into my last set here so on behalf of the new Mr and Mrs so and so, their family's and the staff and management here we hope you all have had a good time. Thank you and good night.

That always works for me and I ALWAYS start my last set with a slow pair of songs.The last 4 songs will be foot stompin, barn burnin', tear the floor up, shake yer booty, rock till ya drop, party hearty, sweating while raising the roof tunes.

On the last beat of the last tune I yell into the mic....whew !!thankyou and good night.

Of course I am using whatever DJ patter is needed for the venue I am playing.

Mensajes Mon 05 Dec 05 @ 4:05 am
TileTomPRO InfinityMember since 2017
Lately I've been using the last half of Eric Clapton's Layla (the swelling guitar solo) to end the gig.

If it's been a hell raising night, I may use Red Peter's The Closing Song. ;-) The Bars love this one.

Mensajes Mon 05 Dec 05 @ 5:27 am
Actually, I would never play "The Closing Song" but one of my gigs insisted that I play that crap. I told them I didn't have it. They got it for me and now everytime I play there, they make me play it. Actually now, I like it. The song is damn funny.

Mensajes Mon 05 Dec 05 @ 7:39 am
i dont play gigs but a club in my area always closes the night with "sweet home alabama" which is funny because the club is in georgia.

Mensajes Mon 05 Dec 05 @ 8:05 am
In our club (www.boysnbeats.de) we use to play ballads and lovesongs at the last 20 Minutes.

Mensajes Mon 05 Dec 05 @ 2:29 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

I used to play lovesongs at the middle of the night (1:30am) and at when the end comes (an hour before)... I put some good and old songs, always in the last half hour play some of the requested songs and play 2 or 3 more...

Mensajes Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 2:23 am
There was a club that I worked in (Bebop Cafe in 1990) that the last two songs were always Last Dance - Donna Summer followed by Get The F... Out Of My House - 2 Live Crew. The house lights were turned on when 2 Live Crew was played.

Mensajes Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 4:27 am
I guess i'm chessy. At mobile gigs, 20 min before ending, I do the "Ladies & Gentlemen it's just about, Blah, blah" thing. I go into a hot dance mix, appropriate for the crowd, and then a slow trax. The whole time, I am saying goodnight, goodbye,see ya, and so on. Also using drops that say the same thing. They are repeating the same thing, as it's being said. This is very interactive, and hard to explain, unless you are there. I then go into Mickey Mouse, and of course they all sing. Then into That's all folks, by Porky Pig. I take my bows to applause, and tell them they are to kind. A good time had by all, and it works everytime. In the club, I use various drops of "Last Call" and my own. Then Mickey Mouse, Porky Pig, cut the music, and then "Geeet Ouuut", a drop from some scary movie.

Mensajes Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 8:27 pm
Sometimes I like to go Jimi Hendrix style,.. smash up my headphones, my TCCD, my DZ1200s, kick over my DJ stand and speakers, slam the mic on the floor, do a shot of whiskey then slam the glass on the floor and walk off the stage while the crowd stares in amazement.

Mensajes Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 12:48 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I don't play at private/formal events, but I usually try to save the best song for last and use the break effect at the end. :)

Mensajes Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 1:20 am
DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Dirty Dancing Megamix (All Mobile Jocks Have this) it lasts 10 mins. Just enough time to set it going and pack most of your gear away.

If they are still going. Play something daft like "Mr. Blobby", "Blue Diamonds - Show Me The Way To Go Home"....

Mensajes Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 3:00 am
wow...what a way to end a night A Man and His Music...i am going to go and get me those sound bytes and do something along the same lines. Where do i send your commision check?.....lol...thats a very good way to end the night m8.

Mensajes Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 8:16 am
I usually just say "Thanks folks. This is the last song of the night. Have a safe trip home!" and play a slow song. But I love the drops and mickey mouse idea.

Mensajes Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 11:26 am
I give an advanced last call about 15 minutes before the show will end. I use one or several of the Promo Only "last calls."

I mostly do karaoke shows so my ending is two fold, first, I sing "Music of the Night" from Phantom of The Opera. I sing rather well, and the song conveys my message about what we've been doing all night singing. Technically this could be an opening song as well, however, it doesn't start off with a bang.

Once I'm done singing that, everyone already knows it's over. Then for a nice laugh I play a song from the broadway show The Producers called "Goodbye" The lyrics go something like this:

Thanks for coming to see our show
Sad to tell you we got to go
Grab your hat and head for the door
In case you didn't notice, there ain't any more!
If you like our show tell ev'ryone but...
If you think it stinks, keep your big mouth shut!
We're glad you came but we have to shout
Adios, au revoir, wiedersehen, ta-ta-ta
Goodbye...get lost...get out!!

It is very fast and upbeat and again says what is necessary.

If I am ahead of time I may play "Happy Trails" after "Goodbye" and/or The Closing Song. Of course, I have also been known to SING the closing song by Red Peters.

I LOVE the end, I either feel like it was a GREAT set, or it will be better next time.

Mensajes Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 12:35 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
PCGumshoe,

It's a pretty good ending... LOL

:-)

Mensajes Thu 15 Dec 05 @ 1:26 am
Thanks!

Mensajes Thu 15 Dec 05 @ 2:02 pm
I have played the Bugs Bunny sample a cpl of times at the end of my gigs...

goes something like this.. :

"dumm dumm dummm dummm duuuu dmmm, dadadada da dummmm... Thanks folks, thats it!" :)

hehe

Mensajes Thu 15 Dec 05 @ 3:30 pm
91%