Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Excellent software, Q about codec's.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

scooterPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello all,

This is my first post, although I’ve been using VDJ for over a year. I am a frequent reader of these forums and have solved all my problems simply by reading and learning. Those of you who answer consistently are a great support team for an awesome product.
Some of you have already published good tips and guides for video. So, off I went last Thursday and bought a projector $1499.00 (GULP) and managed to pull off my first “video dance” with visualizations this past Saturday….Yaaahoooo! All under the scrutinization of 2 other non believer DJ’s who just stood there and watched. I reckon they were very impressed, crapped their pants, and exited the party a wee bit early!!

So, lots of us have a similar problem with .vob’s from “commercial DVD’s” (PO DVD are ok). The less than perfect fix (until a new internal decoder is released) is either;

encode the DVD (takes a long time, smaller file, quality??) to DivX, Mpeg, etc…

or

use external codec to play .vob ( 1:1 ratio rip, large file, best quality)

I have installed a number of codecs and here are my questions:

Why can’t I just install the codec without the other software such as a player (because now I have 5 different players in my system, and I don’t want ‘em) ?

I know these new codecs are installed because the DVD’s play in the system. Where do I find them in the “Extensions” list or are they automatically updated to the list and if so how does VDJ know which .vob decoder to use ( 3 different external’s and 1 internal).

Also, I do have some .MOV files. ( VDJ promo literature states it plays these files). I d/l the most recent Quick Time player and files play fine using it, but I am clueless as how to get VDJ working with them?

Simply put, I need a basic tutorial on using external codecs!

Whew…long post, first time, had to get it all out! Thanks all!

Cheers,

Steve

Mensajes Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 3:55 am
With regards to the CODECS, you can do a search for K-lite Codec Pack. This will install whichever codecs you choose. It is updated often, so the more current codecs are available.

With regards to the commercial DVDs not working as VOBs, try converting them to MPEG (vob=MPEG2 - you can simply change the extension from .vob to .mpg). They will then play with the internal decoder AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT AC3... if you have converted them to LPCM, you may have an issue if they are sampled at 48 KHz. These should be downsampled to 44.1 KHz. This doesn't take a very long time. I've posted that MPEG-VCR has a nice easy way of converting any mpegs from AC3 or 48 KHz LPCM to 44.1 LPCM. This will give you the temperary results.

If you must use an external codec, you may need to verify that THAT codec is designated as the preferred. There's a program by MS that will let you designate the preferred decoder, do a google for "Microsoft Windows XP Video Decoder Check Up Utility" this will allow you to verify the codec works well with Windows Media Player and to set the preferred codec.

Good Luck

Mensajes Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 6:05 am
djtybPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Should we be using an external codec to play VOB files?

Options?

NVidia DVD Decoder?

Power DVD ?

Nero ?

Anyone have experience with which one is better? Before I updated to v3.1, I reloaded my system from scratch and have been using the internal decoder? Before I was using the Power DVD decoder. Can anyone who is using any of the above listed codecs please comment on how you feel they are working ?

I have done a TON of nights VJing with VDJ and it is AWESOME - people just pee themselves when they see the video projected on the 18ft screen. I just want to be able to fast cue forward and backwards without the 'play' deck stuttering.

Cheers.

Mensajes Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 11:08 am
I convert my VOBs to MPEGs... you can do that just by changing the extension. They work fine in VDJ for me. Vobs have too much delay on my system with various codecs installed running through Windows Media Player. I've tried everything.

The real problem that I had was with the audio. There's a lot on the forum about AC3 not working with the internal decoder. So, if you do NOT want to change the audio sample rate or the AC3, you need to do one of two things, wait for internal support or use an external codec. DJ Cyder claims that the NVIDIA decoder works best for him with little latency in the video. I'm using an ATI 9800 XT with 2 Gigs of ram on a Barton 3000+ @ 400MHz FSB and the latency is noticable... I just converted the files.

I'm still in my infancy with the program, but I see the reward of using it. I'm not going to go gung-ho about it until I can just copy vobs from the DVD and not convert them at all...

Mensajes Fri 09 Dec 05 @ 1:34 pm
There must be a way of playing DAT video files on VDJ. I know other programs such as Swift Elite can. Can any advise how this is done?

Mensajes Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 6:55 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Chris Davis,

.DAT just enter in the Extensions config and use Windows Media Player as your video decoder. That's all.

PCGumShoe,

Thanks for the help in the video and Kareoke area. The Dev Team is working hard, I'm sure the Video problem in 48KHz is going to be fixed.

Mensajes Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 8:04 am
ACW DJ

How simple it is. Thanks, Chris

Mensajes Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 6:59 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)