Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Laptop-> USB or PCMCIA soundcard???

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Was wondering which of the two makes a better choice for my Toshiba Laptop. I very skeptical on the latency esp. when I'm playing @ my small "gigz".
Recommendations are most welcome and also Brands....

Mensajes Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 4:24 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
it would be better if you told us what type of soundcard you want. Is it only for output or for output and input (asio with TCVs for example).

Mensajes Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 4:32 pm
Interms of latency for one, which will carry the minimal figures. I just want a nice reliable souncard for output purposes when I'm using the Laptop anlong with my MK2

Mensajes Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 6:01 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
the MK2 is a nice reliable soundcard :)
Do you have an mk2 or a DJ Control MP3 (without soundcard)?

As far as PCMCIA cards, I highly recommand the Echo Indigo line (IO=stereo-in+stereo-out, or DJ=2Xstereo-out), great cards and great drivers

Mensajes Mon 19 Dec 05 @ 6:25 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
streaming_DJ,

Latency only affects you when use TCVs or TCCDs, when you use a Midi Controller, you don't need to worry about latency because in there doesn't apply at all.

If you want to use TCVs or TCCDs then you r choice is a M-Audio FireWire 1814 soundcard or a Creative EMU-1616 (PCMCIA).

I think DJC2 with his soundcards are good enough, but if you wish it, there are the recommendations.

Mensajes Tue 20 Dec 05 @ 3:14 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)