Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Midi fully implemented ?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Just broke down and bought a Nuo 4 midi mixer, thinking I could use it to mix videos, and looks like VDJ doesn't support relative or even absolute values in Midi, so I can't use the crossfaders on the mixer to crossfade the video+sound...

It looks like VDJ only understands an on/off value for Midi commands, am I correct ?

I mean if I try to set a Midi shortcut, only one value shows up, the Midi command code, no matter what direction you move the crossfader or the rotary knobs...

Help please...

Mensajes Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 5:40 pm

thats not true :)

I use the Hercules console, with quite a few sliders (volume or pitch) and a crossfader

its ALL midi, and works fine :)

AND it does support relative values.

Try using the + or - in front of the values.

Typically for crossfader, that is +128 or -128... try! works fine :)

And you actually dont have to asing BOTH audio and video to that crossfader, as VDJ have a choice in video-settings for the video-crossfader to follow the audio-crossfader automatically

Anyways, try using +/- vaules, and you can get the midi to work like you want :)

Mensajes Tue 27 Dec 05 @ 9:10 pm
the sliders and knobs do work. I use an M-Audio Ozone and certain functions do not work with the sliders although pitch, Xfader, volume do work well with the knobs and sliders.

Mensajes Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 3:35 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Functions I have mapped to MIDI sliders and knobs:
audio crossfade
video crossfade
bass fade
treble fade
each of the sample volumes
video transition choice
preview/mix in headphones
headphone volume

Definitely supported and definitely working well.

Mensajes Wed 28 Dec 05 @ 4:21 pm
Hmmm... I don't get it.

I have done what you guys suggest, and used + and - values for fader up and down, but when I move the fader up or down, it only goes up but never down... It's like only one value is seen by VDJ...

Mensajes Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 6:41 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

Mensajes Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 7:14 pm
Ok then, if the crossfaders work, then let me ask you this :

when I set up the shortcut, say for fader up, put the value at +128, then move the MIDI fader up, I get VDJ to say "MIDI 19-6" for example. If I move the MIDI fader down, VDJ still says "MIDI 19-6"... Shouldn't that be a different value depending if I move the fader up or down ?

Mensajes Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 8:08 pm
Midi is not always logic..hehe

but look at the tooltips when creating a shortcut

for crossfader set max or min value for the slider you want to use (0 or 4096)

that works fine :)

Mensajes Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 8:22 pm
Feeling sorry for myself here, but it definitely doesn't work with NUO 4's faders.

There is a monitoring function on the NUO 4 software that clearly shows the fader values going up from 0 to 128 or down from 128 to 0 when moving it up and down, but VDJ only sees one value, the MIDI control code/channel, therefore there's no way to have the hardware fader of the NUO 4 control the VDJ fader properly...

Mensajes Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 11:16 pm
e-motion I don't have time tonight to do some testing although I will definatelly check out what can be done with sliders tomorow. I will post the results and give some instructions on how I got it to work.

I got the video Xfader to work on a knob and that works great although I'll do it for the sound Xfader to test that function out.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Mensajes Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 11:39 pm
It worked with my oxygen 8 when i tested, if i remember well.
I tried knobs and modulation wheel to crossfader.

Mensajes Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 3:27 am
@e-motion

Dont write +/- 128 for the crossfader...

If you follow the tooltips inside virtual dj, they can give clues to what works best for different commands.

Try asigning the value ZERO to the midi slider/knob you want for crossfader (or try 4096), without any + or - in front

That works for me :)

Mensajes Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 7:36 am
Thank you so much for your input, it does work great with 0 and 4096 values :)

I can't stress enough how VDJ's community is the greatest for feedback about our favorite DJ software. I had been fiddling around with this for days and now I'm a happy camper :)

Mensajes Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 10:48 am
great-)

Mensajes Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 2:03 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
In fact the value 0 or no value equals to the value 4096

=> For a slider "value" is used as range for a slider

=> midi*value*(4096/256)

Mensajes Sat 31 Dec 05 @ 7:27 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)