Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: "quick" way to create xml database?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I'd like to publicly thank Jason (Cyder) for letting me borrow some of his time to help me with 3.3. There's so much for me to learn, but I'm getting there.

It took over 3 days for VDJ to analyze my 70 Gig "essential" music folders, and now I want to create an xml database for my external drive of over 150 gigabytes. I don't want to tie myself up for close to 7 days straight.

Jason mentioned a "quick" way to do this, but I can't seem to find it... can anyone point me in the right direction?

Mensajes Wed 11 Jan 06 @ 7:17 am
A quick way to build a database of analyzed songs? Not that I know of... maybe Jason has some trick up his sleave ;)

The only "quick" way I know of, is setting the BPM engine to "techno/hiphop" instead of "all music".
That analyzes ALOT quicker!

But its only good if you have a lot of "easy-beat" music songs, like house, dance, trance, techno, straight forward pop and hiphop, 80s and so on...

For more complex beats, you have to use the "all music" way.

What I do, when adding huge folders, is using the "techno/hiphop" first on all the songs.
That analyzes the folder pretty quick.
Then when I see or find someone wrong in that folder, I analyze those few, with the other engine ("all music").

Result is quicker analyze, and all correct... in the end :)

Mensajes Wed 11 Jan 06 @ 11:35 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
The quick why i was speaking of is to NOT analyse your songs when you do a scan just don't check the box that says get bpm too.

Mensajes Wed 11 Jan 06 @ 8:56 pm
Can Virtual D.J.s xml database be converted to an actual database (excel, for example), the kind I could upload to the D.J. Intelligence service, so my mobile D.J. clients could see (and select) music for their events?

Mensajes Mon 16 Jan 06 @ 6:34 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
absouletly

however the txt file is a bit easier, givin your file structure.

Mensajes Mon 16 Jan 06 @ 8:51 am
Jason:

Can you show me Wednesday? :)

Mensajes Mon 16 Jan 06 @ 6:09 pm
so no one else will now this procedure now?

can you tell us all how to update to dj intelligence too?

Mensajes Fri 10 Feb 06 @ 10:18 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You have to make a little program for that as the one in the sound plugins "VDJ database Updater 1.3"

Mensajes Fri 10 Feb 06 @ 11:28 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)