Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Mouse Pointer

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Sometimes during the show I lose the visual on my mouse. Is there a way to stop it from turning to a black pointer when used in VDJ? A white pointer would be much more visable with the skin I'm using. I tried the Windows XP mouse settings and they didn't help at all.

Howard

Mensajes Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 6:39 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You could change the pointer to another icon if that helps?

I don't know why it's doing that. Maybe it's just taking a little bit of time to come back after a period of non use???

I did a google for mouse pointers...and got a few sites... http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLR,GGLR:2005-43,GGLR:en&q=mouse+pointer

Hope this helps...:o)

P

Mensajes Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 8:40 pm
Are you using 2 monitors?

Mensajes Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 9:23 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
lol yer that would be the simple answer. i think VDJ changes the cursor when over the vdj screen so if you have a black skin it wont show up as well, but give it a wiggle and you should notice it. mabey the cursor choice is changable in the skin somewhere?

Mensajes Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 9:45 pm
When I use 2 monitors, the color changes for each screen. I think this is a Windows thing. It's black over VDJ, and white over second monitor. However, my black has white around it, so I can see it. I am using a dark skin, so sometimes I have to move it around to find it.

Mensajes Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 10:12 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
TO keep track of my pointer, I use long trails, and have the windows function enabled whereby tapping the key will make a white bullseye effect around the pointer. I think this may only be available in XP though.

Hope that helps.

Mensajes Wed 18 Jan 06 @ 11:22 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
some programs chose to use their own mouse pointers. winamp5 uses a smaller 3d one, virtual dj uses a black one with a wite outline and there are many many more. if you move the mouse over the VDJ window the mouse will change to the VDJ cursor. i dont know if this can be changed but it certainly looks quite professional and easy to see, for me at least. as i said before mabey it can be changed by a skin or something?

Mensajes Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 2:14 am
Thanks for everyones replies. I added a trail to the mouse pointer which I think will help me find it when it seems to disappear every now and then.....it probably doesn't disappear as much as my eyes don't pick it up at times against the dark background. I was also considering changing skins to something with a light background.

The only time it seems to disappear on me is when I'm doing something very in the moment at a gig when I'm generally not directly in front of the screen. So it also could be the angle I'm working from at that point. I frantically move the mouse around to find the pointer and it can get hairy depending on what needs to be played at that exact moment and not being able to locate the pointer. Hopefully the trail will help.

Howard

Mensajes Thu 19 Jan 06 @ 5:13 am
Press both left and right click simultaneously you should see a white circle around the cursor.

Mensajes Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 6:13 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004

Mensajes Mon 23 Jan 06 @ 7:44 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)