Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Video Capture, software and HUM removal...

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have a lot of things on LaserDisc that I'd like to convert to MPEG2 for use in Virtual DJ. Of course I have my karaoke disks and then there are some Concerts and Videos.

I have a nice graphics card that has VIVO on it and my LD player has SVideo out and Digital Audio out. The other day I hooked up my LD player to my new PC and captured several videos from various lasers. I found that there was a noticable buzz or hum. My LD Player does not have a ground and I considered lifting my ground off the PC.

Can anyone recommend a solution to this? I got great captures and no frame drops. Also, any settings that you might recommend would be nice.

Lastly I'd through this out there... I seem to remember a lot of DISCO was produced on LD, anyone have any they'd want to sell or SWAP for conversion?

Thanks

Mensajes Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 10:43 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
PCGumshoe,

I only have a few LDs but I don't rip them into my Pc yet.

Maybe you could use an noise cancel adaptor between the RCA connections. But also maybe if you have your TV connected to the laserdisk and your TV to the cable provider, that's where the noise comes to your audio system.

Mensajes Fri 20 Jan 06 @ 8:43 pm
NOPE... I don't have anything like that connected... ALTHOUGH, I do have my cable connected to my internet and my internet to my PC when I do it...

I've had ground loops before like this. It isn't that noticable, but I hear it...

Basically, I'm using my PC as the monitor too... then watching it on PC.

I have over 70 Laser Karaoke Disks (Plus many others) that I want to convert, but I want it to be right and I don't want to have to edit each track with a noise filter or something.

Mensajes Sat 21 Jan 06 @ 7:31 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Did you try to connect the PC chassis with your LaserDisc Player? so the gorunds were connected...

I think you will need a coupler to eliminate your groundloop noise...

Mensajes Sun 22 Jan 06 @ 2:06 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)