Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: How Do I Scratch On This Thing?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi all
I am new to the forums here so excuse me for any mistakes. Ihave the Hercules Cousole 2 which comes with VDJ3 I think. I just wanted to make my own scratch but I can't move the tempo and scratch at the same time which would hope fully creat a nice scratch. I simply need some instruction ond scratching the rest I have firgured out most prob. I don't even think I am using VDJ to it's full potential. Please help me. I love this stuff and want to keep on doing it. thx

Dj Naamnaam

Mensajes Sat 28 Jan 06 @ 10:52 pm
llcj83Home userMember since 2006
true any 1 else that can answer this question genius b/c i have the same question with my console but i just dont hear anything diffeet than something similar on turntables and that is a slowing down of the song oh yea hello form

Mensajes Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 2:33 am
basically i need some tips on how to scratch b/c i sound very bad. Do I need to buy something else from virtual dj or something? ANyway any info wud be great. thx

Dj Naamnaam

Mensajes Sat 18 Feb 06 @ 10:49 am
I'm pretty sure you need to buy something else in order to be able to move the crossfader and scratch the recond on the deck at the same time.

Mensajes Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 5:01 am
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I too use hercules console mk2 and i don't find it THAT hard to scratch... minus the tiny jog wheels.

maybe u need to try a new skin that will allow your jog wheels to scratch instead of just changing the play speed. i love the skin called tascam (MAJOR props to whoever made it!). But agreed- it is hard to get used to doing slower-speed or beat scratches. but it's definitely possible to crossfade and scratch decks at the same time, look into that new skin option so u can scratch with the jogs!

AND, if u upgrade to pro version, u can unlock some of the plugins. One of these is a DJ console button-remaper. using this plugin, you can change the vertical slider that normally controls deck sliders to pitch (speed of song) and can scratch that way if u really need to mess with crossfade, pitch, and scratching all at once!

Mensajes Tue 21 Feb 06 @ 6:37 am
thx I will try that skin and come back to let u know. I am in the procces of making a mixtape and I think scratching is a good idea. lol Anyway I will get back soon.

Dj Naamnaam

Mensajes Fri 24 Feb 06 @ 5:49 am
fortuinHome userMember since 2006
I just wanted to know how to play several mp3s at the same time...

Mensajes Mon 27 Feb 06 @ 2:05 pm
TotyoHome userMember since 2006
DONT TRY TO SCRATCH WITH THE CONSOLE. ITS A WASTE OF TIME.

Mensajes Mon 27 Feb 06 @ 5:49 pm
y is it a waste of time? I think i am losing a hell lot of frequency when i scratch but i changed the skin and its better for some reason cuz now I am gonna have an underground cd soon. I just played a mix and they liked my material so I guess its good. The thing that I want to do is really scratch like DJ Rectangle. I am sure most ppl have heard of him. Pus maybe if i upgrade to pro it wud be better? I dunno wat r my options? thx

DJ Naamnaam

Mensajes Fri 03 Mar 06 @ 9:47 am
I have a couple of skins that actually work. I use the Denon S5000 or something like that skin for mixes...I can see the music alot better that way. The Dj Vinyl skin gives you a bit of control and mimics the use of wax. I Use the Herc Console too and can scratch depending on the skin. The jogwheels aren't the best thing to use but you can play with the volume and eq to get a few effects...if you get a real mixer, then you can control the freq better.

Upgrading might help a bit...maybe you might want to go with tables and timecodes?

Mensajes Thu 23 Mar 06 @ 11:50 pm
MAS_KPRO InfinityMember since 2006
HI YALL... IM NEW ON THIS THING BUT I CAN TELL YOU THAT IM GLAD TO BE PART OF IT...
I HAVE A DIGITAL TURNTABLES (VELOCITY) AND IM GOOD WITH THEM, BUT NOW IM TRING THE
VIRTUALDJ PRO VERSION WITH THE VELOCITY SKIN AND IS REALLY GOOD
I LOVE IT...

**THAT REALLY HELP TO SCRATCH...** LATER
***** DJ ANGEL*****
>>>>>>>>DJ ANGEL

Mensajes Sat 25 Mar 06 @ 10:08 pm
well dj angel I think can scratch a bit on this thing now. The whole purpose of me having this counsole was for me not to get two vinyls and a mixer and VDJ. Maybe after I put out some cds I will buy it. lol Thx for ur help anyway.

DJ Naamnaam

Mensajes Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 4:53 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)