Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Timecode quality dropping!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Brand new VDJ TCV. VDJ 3.3. ESI U46DJ USB Audio Interface. Pentium M 1.86 CPU, 512 Ram. Technics SL 1210 MKII, Ortofon Pro pickups with new cartridges. All wires ok.

When starting up, the Timecode quality is a steady 100%, only lower when doing serious scratching.

After an hour or so of playing, I often get great lag on the TCVs. There can be ½ sec. of delay when scratching or adjusting pitch and when I check in the config, the quality is often down to 40 - 80%.

The only thing that helps, is restarting VDJ. This is not an option when playing in a club and I think it is a big problem. What can be done?

Another problem is the whining sound that comes from the TCV when playing. It is incredibly loud and can be heard very clearly through the music, when not at maximum volume. This is really bad, because it means I cannot practice at home with them or I will catch tinitus or at least a high level of stress. It´s really, really anoying and my friends share this opinion and don´t want me to bring VDJ TCVs when doing a jam session. Buuuuh!

Mensajes Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 5:59 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
The amount of noise they produce is largely dependant on your needles and the settup of your tonearm geometry. i personaly dont find it is too loud and i dont even play that loud practicing. are you sure its not coming through the speakers at all? it shouldnt be that loud as to cause big distraction. any vinyl will make a noise when played, especialy with some types of needle

Mensajes Sun 05 Feb 06 @ 11:45 pm
vinz2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
me i have configure the anti skating of my turntable and about the middle of the vynil i ve got 100% signal ...

Mensajes Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 2:49 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)