Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Does anyone mix Heavy Metal/Nu-Metal/Classic Rock?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

omanHome userMember since 2006
Doesn't anyone mix Rock or Metal songs?
What do you play at a wedding for a Goth couple? You can't play Dance/Techno/Trance tracks.
There has to be someone out there who's got a rockin party playlist.
If you got it, Post it!!!

Mensajes Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 1:01 am
I'll try to create a rock list...

Do you want a rock, hard-rock, metal, classics, ...???

Mensajes Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 1:03 pm
DJTroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I suggest that you ask the Bride & Groom for a list of their favorite songs. Also suggest that they include a card or note in their invites to send you pre show requests. This is how I have handled ‘blind’ formats (my first country shows). Or Bring your favorite CD (Put their name and track numbers on a piece of paper in the case).

The big problem is that some of us draw HUGE lines between hard rock / metal (Ozzy, Coal Chamber) and Goth (Siouxie & the Banshees – Peek a Boo, Cry Little Sister (Lost Boys), Depeche Mode), Industrial (KMFDM –means: Kill Mother Fucking Depeche Mode), Punk (Forgotten Rebels)…

If you use the pre-request system then you KNOW what your customer is into and what their guests expect.

Dark music is about more than a play list. For me to understand and appreciate it I had to dance with (boarder line?) mental illness, severe depression and homelessness. (girlfriend run over by a city bus, seadoo rental company burnt to the ground, and something that I repressed for 4 years…) –And those session CDs are still some of my most popular! This was the birth of “The Alternative Video Show”.

If you contact me directly I will send you some suggestions.

Mensajes Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 2:16 pm
omanHome userMember since 2006
Thanks for the ideas! What I'am mainly lookin for is just a playlist that includes mainstream, radio-friendly, heard-in-the-last-year-or-two songs that mixes well from one song to another.
Here is a mix I played at one of my parties:
Love shack - B52's -> Mony Mony - Billy Idol -> Since you've been gone - Kelly Clarkson -> Living after Midnight - Judas Priest -> We're not gonna take it - Twisted Sister -> Hey Mickey - Toni Basil -> Devil's Dance Floor - Floggin Molly.
I pulled these songs off flawlessly and my guests loved it! But it only lasted for less than half an hour.
Songs from Led Zep, Metallica, Guns n Roses, AC/DC, Black Sabbath. Or even Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, etc. If someone can give me a cool playlist with bands like these, that would be awesome!

Mensajes Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 10:15 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Would you prefer older stuff (GNR, ACDC, Metallica Iron Maiden etc) or newer stuff (Linkin Park, MCR, Mushroomhead?)

On my site http://nebula.servemp3.com/index.html i've added a guestbook cum request book, for people to ask for certain tunes during my broadcasts. Check it out http://nebula.servemp3.com/guestbook.html" as it's always growing and there are a few good tunes been requested :o)

hope it helps?

Nebula

Mensajes Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 10:38 pm
Try this: 'Grandmaster Rock' from :

www.mastermixdj.com

50 mixed classic rock tunes from the likes of:

Rainbow, ZZ Top, Def Leppard, Steppenwolf, Aerosmith.

Well over an hour of rock classics, put it on and sit back.

Double a

Mensajes Sun 16 Jul 06 @ 3:34 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)