Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Question on future setup . . .

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

jaspeaHome userMember since 2006
Hi,

I currently have a Hercules MK1 Console and I'm looking to upgrade to something a bit more professional.
I have a theory (!) that it would be possible to use Virtual DJ Pro, with a Numark DXM01 mixer and just one CD turntable deck (don't really want vinyl) with a timecoded CD.
The Virtual DJ outputs from deck A / B would be into the Numark mixer. The CD deck could be used as the controller for either Virtual DJ turntable, switching between A and B as necessary for cueing in the next track. Would there be any way to set this up ?? I'm unsure as to where the CD deck would fit or 'plug' into the setup, does VDJ cater for this ??

Any help would be appreciated, just to keep my budget down !!

Thanks

Jason.

Mensajes Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 11:00 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
this would be possible using another soundcard with one line-in for the CD deck, but if your soundcard isn't ASIO the latency won't be good.

and this would only work in Virtual Dj Pro, as you can't use two outputs (deck A & B) in the trial version.

Mensajes Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 2:41 pm
Hi,

Yes, I'll have a SB Audigy 4 in as the main PC soundcard, so it will be able to run with low latency.

So you can enable VDJ Pro to switch between decks being controlled by the timecoded CD, which are then outputed to the Numark mixer on individual channels ??

A simple setup but it sounds so complicated :)

Thanks

Jason.

Mensajes Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 6:57 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
both deck A and deck B will be sent to the dxm01 mixer

and you will choose on the mixer which channel to play for the public and which channel to cue.

Mensajes Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 8:03 pm
Thanks for the replies.

So I'm a little confused. I would not be able to mix and cue properly if I were just using the Numark as the 2 input / outputs for the TCCD ?? Basically I would need 2 decks to do this ??

Jason.

Mensajes Thu 09 Feb 06 @ 9:18 pm
Hi,

I think I have this figured, I'm guessing the USB part of the Numark will be a waste of time as VDJ Pro will only allow a timecoded setup thru one soundcard.

So which is better for this / stable drivers, the Hercules MK1 console or the Hercules MK2, given I won't be cueing with it, just using the levels and xfader ??

Thanks

Jason.

Mensajes Fri 10 Feb 06 @ 6:49 am
well the hercules DJ console MK2 has ASIO soundcard built in so you can use TCV or TCCDs with it. The DXM01USB from Numark will not work with the TCVs unfortunatelly. If you actually have a bit of extra money to spend you can get an ESI U46DJ soundcard an external mixer like a beringer VMX300 or a Numark DM3002 (any mixer that doesn't connect through USB to the PC) then have your decks and you'll be ready to go

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Mensajes Fri 10 Feb 06 @ 3:26 pm
mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thanks for all the help, just reading all this is very useful, the store personel really dont have a clue, at least where I bought the MK2. I had no idea there were Tine Coded Discs, I thought I needed to purchase turntables and all of that?? Does anone have any advice for a rack mounted controller? The MK2 is great, but it looks like a toy when your doing a gig!

Mensajes Fri 10 Feb 06 @ 7:32 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The DAC 3 is pretty much the newest controller. You can check it out here: http://www.pcdj.co.uk/shop/item.php?id=37

There are other controllers too, but this i think is the latest craze.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...:o)

P

Mensajes Sat 11 Feb 06 @ 1:50 am
I agree, The Dac-3 rox. I got mine a week ago and i love it. Feels just like a dual cd-players.

And unlike the HDC the buttons make a nice little clicking sound when pressed, ALWAYS work :)

Best hardware i bought for pcdjing yet

Mensajes Sat 11 Feb 06 @ 9:46 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)