Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: **Help me with this CBG issue please !**

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

FjorkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Why are the cbg out like this even though the two tracks are able to play in sync ?

How do I allign the large squares ? If I manually move them to allign, the beat goes completely out of sync...

Here is an image of what I'm talking about:

http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=decks1bm.jpg

Mensajes Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 7:40 pm
bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Your going to have to use a skin that helps align the CBG's for you. It's very simple to fix. Just take the song that the CBG's are off and tap the button to move the CBG's under the low and high beats. Done. Good luck

Mensajes Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 9:14 pm
An example of a bad track that is! Wrongly cut or just bad composition from the author. Could happen... you would be surprised which "top tunes" are wrongly chopped!

Mensajes Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 11:09 pm
And which skin would you recommend for doing this ?

Mensajes Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 11:10 pm
muzzaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Fjorko,

Since you are using the default skin, click on the BPM button on the deck you wish to edit the songs cbg.

then click on the edit bpm tab and adjust the phase slider so that it lines up correctly with the first beat.

that should fix your problem but just remember that some older songs do not have a constant tempo and tend to pitch drift. (Not a Virtuadj fault). In other words the tempo speeds up and slows down and connot accurately be mapped. Mp3's ripped from belt driven turntables can do this also. Even if you line up the cbg by adjusting the phase at the start of the song it will change futher on. Therefore you have the option to disable beatlock, match the bpm and pitchbend manually to keep tracks in sync.

easy.

Mensajes Sat 18 Feb 06 @ 2:32 am
Cheers, thanks mate !!

Mensajes Sat 18 Feb 06 @ 12:40 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
CBG is a wonderfull tool to have and VDJ is the only program that overlaps the waveform.

Drift and variation is something that has and will always be a problem.
If it weren't for the beat grid most would never even notice because it averages out in our ears.
That is the one thing that VDJ can't do is average or adjust bpm on the fly.
It looks at the overall bpm and assigns a grid that corresponds to the tempo and usually assigns the first large anchor one beat late.
It sees the snare as the first down beat I think because of the hight of the spike being louder.

My mixer has a bpm display and I can see at a glance how accurate VDJ is, or isn't.
And guess what???
The mixer calculation doubles itself also on certain tracks, just like VDJ, no tellin' you don't say.
So it's not an easy task to begin with, close though, very close.
Drift is indicated when the bpm starts to blink, then I know it is off the hook.
How do you think the program likes it when the tempo changes 1/2 way through the track?
What do you call it then?
Is it 120 or 90?

It is for this reason that I usually mix out by ear and confirm with the wave form spikes, not the anchors.

If you want to work the program to it's maximum accurate potential do this.

Take a loaded track and cue up the first down beat, do nothing with the anchor\cbg.
Then open up the bpm editor and click the top "set beat" button.
Then begin to play the track and count out 32 beats and pause the track for adjust for perfect alignment with the center indicator in the wave form.
Then click the second "set beat" button and close.
This will perfect the bpm and set the cbg anchors all in one step.
Kind of a bitch to do every single track you own, but do the ones you mix and the ones you rip and the job gets easier faster.

Mensajes Sat 18 Feb 06 @ 2:36 pm
yvesmkPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Is this CBG adjustment somewhere saved within the MP3 or within VDJ?
Or do you always have to adhust whenever the song is loaded?

Mensajes Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 4:46 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Once you set it, the program will save it like it does cues, gain etc....

Mensajes Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 5:10 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)