Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Attention NYC Dj's

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
We recieved a bit of a different request in eservice yesterday.
It was a call for a different kind of assistance.

They are an organization/foundation that is sports/education and musically based for the kids of the inner city most of which come from hardened areas and broken homes.
The organization provides musical options to these kids in primarily instrumental areas.
They wish to explore djing as part of their program and expose the kids to this art.
They have asked for Atomix's help and I have explained that we develop and sell software that could be used if the right equipment was aquired. I also explained the complexities of the art we all love and the associated learning curve.

I suggested that I would post their interest and that we might have end users in their area that could provide a demonstration and possibly some guidence to the staff and or group.

This is a non profit group but the satisfaction of extending a hand to these kids would certainly be worth your while.
If you have the time and ability and live in the Bronx or Manhatten area your consideration for these kids and the organization would be greatly appreciated by them, if for nothing more than pointing them in the right direction with computer djing.
They have a website that you can check out and respond to with phone numbers.
It's a chance to be a hero and do something different with your skills, they need the help.
www.renaissance-ems.org

I hope we can help them somehow with your help.

Rick

Mensajes Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 3:26 am
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I wish we had something like this in the Washington D.C. area.

This is a very worthwhile cause.

Anyone in the New York area...Please help if you can.

I am from N.Y.C. grew up in the Bronx (Edenwald Projects). I know the value of a program like this and what it could mean to a young impressionable kid.

Just think where YOUR life may have gone if not for music.

Mensajes Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 4:44 pm
Thanks for backing me up City, I sure hope somebody steps up.
I have worked with inner city kids in summer camps and mentally and physically disabled kids also.
Nothing is better than the feeling that you helped a kid in trouble, it's for life and I will never forget it.

I'll buy the program for them, we just need someone to help set it up and show them how to use it.
I told them about ripping and i'm sure if there's one thing they do have it's music beside the download options where it's for private use.

I know they have a computer and a sound system, so that is covered.

Rick

Mensajes Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 9:11 pm
Люди,на русском кто-нить говорит?You speak russian?

Mensajes Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 9:22 pm
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I don't speak Russian.

If I was still in New York City I would have loved to have been a part of this.

I see we have had alot of hits on this thread but no one has stepped up yet.

To all my New York Massive.... Don't dissapoint us, Don't let us down. I remeber the jams out in 82 park, The jams in Van Courtland Park, Sousa Park, Polo Grounds, Rucka Park, 125st, Queensbridge Projects, Riverside, Lexington ave, HighBridge, Baychester, Co-Op City, The Valley, Boston Rd, Gun Hill, White Plains Rd, and a lot more.

Lets show these kids some love and support.

Mensajes Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 12:45 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm just outside of NYC. Rick can you provide me more specific details via msn? Unfortunately I don't have much time for my own family but if it isn't too time demanding I'd love to help.

Mensajes Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 5:56 pm
i live close to NYC in CT but i don speak 100% english other way i like to help other persons give some tips and give what i know saludos......

dj_slatyn_dj

Mensajes Mon 20 Mar 06 @ 3:42 am
Anybody who wants to help is certainly encouraged to do so, the contact info in on the site and the link is posted.
Don't be intimidated, this is not a club tryout, if you have the fundamentals of set up and use of the program your help will be welcomed by these folks.
I expect to have both english and spanish as primary languages, so do try to make contact if you speak either.

Rick

Mensajes Mon 20 Mar 06 @ 10:52 pm
hello people..
i live in queens ny,, i like to have more info about this. i would like to help, but like slatyn dj im fluently in spanish and my mixes are 75% spanish..
let me know..
henrymontiel@ hotmail.com

Mensajes Thu 23 Mar 06 @ 9:59 pm
anyone know if they are being helped? i may be able to help them setup the equips initially.
jas

Mensajes Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 1:14 am
Please do contact them, I took the sticky off when it looked like we had a couple of guys making contact.

Mensajes Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 1:26 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)