Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Tip To Reduce Your Chances of Crashing....

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
Use your keyboard shortcuts [as i like pcdj red].
and train yourself you use them.

create keyboard shortcut to load song Deck A
create another keyboard shortcut to load song Deck B

like pcdj red 1 on Num Keys loads songs to Deck A
Num Key 3 loads song onto Deck B

i think this reduces your chances of crashing coz u just never know with the mouse. this applies to all programs. maybe using too much of the mouse causes those mysterious crashes.
with me i use keyboard shortcuts for every program. IE, Microsoft Office, Windows etc... its much faster anyway. once u know where everything navigation within a program seems much faster.

Create keyboard shortcuts for your EQs. for PLAY, STOP.. for Global Search (so that u can pick out any song). sometimes u can get a happy yellow face just by clicking on the folders in the browser. but this was more of a problem with v2.

Basiclly what u do just go to the shortcuts and create a shortcut for everything that's there. or everything that u use.
train yourself even to use keyboard shortcuts for minimize or maximize.

the post would like to hear other tips or comment of this post.

Mensajes Tue 21 Mar 06 @ 9:26 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I just have one off topic comment,

actually i'm a little curious but don't be offended by what i'm going to say. Do you own VDJ or not? i just see you are on these forums for quite a time, since 2004 i think, and you know quite alot of things on VDJ but you also talk about PCDJ Red.
So if you own VDJ, why isn't your serial number in your profile.

Sorry for this off topic comment, but i'm just being a little curious.

Mensajes Tue 21 Mar 06 @ 9:33 pm
Reason for that post is coz some ppl experience crashes. Some which are unexplainable. I personally didn’t experience relevant crushes and the ones i experienced might have been mouse related.
I went round them with keyboard shortcuts.

Now like lej78480 says i've been posting for a while. one of my first posts i said vdj's main advantage is the wave form and keyboard shortcuts to almost every function.
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/11222/General_Discussion/Using_your_keyboard_as_the_crossfader.html?highlight=wave%20keyboard%20shortcuts
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/41602/New_features/Shortcuts_needed___.html?highlight=keyboard%20shortcuts
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/9317/New_features/New_Shortcuts_(actions)_Needed.html?highlight=keyboard%20shortcuts
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/45357/General_Discussion/Shortcuts.html?highlight=keyboard%20shortcuts

i hope future versions continue adding more new features and more new keyboard shortcuts.

to take full advantage of keyboard shortcuts u'd need a 104 key keyboard. ie a keyboard with Num Keys. So u laptop users are missing out.
I've seen some pretty set-up pictures in people's profiles here too. but some don't have 104 key keyboards...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you look at my posting record http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/30/General_Discussion.html?search=vpcdj&page=2

yes I’ve been around since end of 04/early 05.
Right now I don’t even have a [personal] computer. (When I had one it was a 900 MHz, 384MB memory, 32MB video XP SP1) The past 2 months I've been writing my posts from a public library computer. All my current posts are so 2005. i say that coz thats the time i had my hands on VDJ. Rather January this year to be precise. Sometimes I write posts like I have a VDJ computer with me to feel like I hang with the boys. As time goes by my posts will be irrelevant coz version right now is v3.4 and I don’t have a computer to try the .4 demo.

Mensajes Wed 22 Mar 06 @ 2:37 am
I have been a system admin for 5 years now and have never experienced a mouse causing a application to fail. I have been using VDJ for nearly a year and the only mouse issue I have experienced was with a wireless mouse failing to operate properly and constantly replacing the batteries. I now use a wired gamer mouse, provides higher resolution than a standard mouse. No issues with the wired mouse and never a crash with any mouse. I have also been working with computers since 1976.

Mensajes Wed 22 Mar 06 @ 3:51 am
well just based on your post keyboard shortcuts could help u too. maybe u could save your batteries by using keyboard shortcuts.

i know for sure v2 had mouse problems. well not to put it like that but when u used the mouse to browse and expand folders sometimes the program would crush. alternatively if u just used a shortcut for global search and type the name of the song and load it with a shortcut u would get the problem.

so im not sure that the problem is with the mouse... but whatever the problem i know u wont face a lot of drama taking the [keyboard] shortcuts.
maybe the problem could be the video card and processor and the program with the mouse... you never know.

i respect your gangsta that you'v been in the game since, a little, before i was born :) and that you'v never really experienced any problems with VDJ. Its just that when i read some people's problems and try figure out myself what they'r doing and they say they do a function and the program crushes, it has made a difference for me btwn using the mouse and using a keyboard shortcut.

Mensajes Wed 22 Mar 06 @ 5:51 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
curious ... you ever change your mouse? with a different driver? does it only act up with VDJ?

Mensajes Wed 22 Mar 06 @ 6:09 pm
i just use the regular microsoft intellimouse.

sometimes i could just be chilling without even moving the mouse and it started moving. it freaked me out coz i know im not moving but i felt like someone's hacked my pc. but i know its not a hack.

Mensajes Thu 23 Mar 06 @ 1:26 am
If your mouse is wireless, there is a possibility that interference from other wireless sources could cause the mouse pointer to move without physically moving the mouse. As stated in the previous post, make sure you are using the latest drivers. I switched to a wired mouse for the improved accuracy and improved reliability.

Mensajes Thu 23 Mar 06 @ 2:06 am
nah just regular mouse. had a very bad experience with wireless keyboard mouse in 2001. They "created" a BIOS password and locked my laptop. i lived alone.
a laptop with bad architecture that u couldnt even get to the battery with no customer support and 3 days to a gig. really damaged my rep. laptops, wireless keyboard mouse never again for me.

Mensajes Thu 23 Mar 06 @ 2:22 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)