Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: XP10's and DAC 3

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Is there anyway to use the DAC 3 and XP10 at the same time. I like the buttions on the DAC-3 for cueing and looping but I would like to use the XP-10 to scratch. Get the best of both worlds.

Example....cue the song with the DAC 3. hit my cue buttons with the DAC 3 and use all it's functionality but have the ability to scratch the song with the XP-10's. What do you think?

Any thoughts on the set-up?

Mensajes Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 9:46 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
yes, it's possible and works well ;)

Mensajes Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 1:34 pm
Can you give me details on the set-up configuration?.

Thanks

Mensajes Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 1:35 pm
I don't own dac-3 but you just have to enable this controller in preferences. I have similar combination (DJConsole & XP10).

Mensajes Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 1:38 pm
So all i need to do is enable the XP-10 in the configuration's tab and then I can use it's feature while utilizing my DAC3?. How is it set up in the sound configuration and how do I set it up with my external mixer so each XP-10 is tied to one deck?. Currently my DAC-3 is in my line1 and line 2 of my mixer.

Mensajes Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 3:45 pm
Yes, you can use both together - Just plug them in and enable both the DAC-3 and XP10 in remote control.

If you have an external sound card (Such as Maya 44) , simply leave your sound configuration as it. Alternatively, you could use the sound cards built into the XP10's (Simply choose them in the soundcard configuration.) If you have two XP10's connected, one will control each deck in VDJ.

Mensajes Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 9:25 pm
JPBOGGIS,

First of all...thank you for your great DAC-3 mapper!

Here is my set up right now. Pioneer 600 mixer with Dac 3. Dac 3 is connected to line 1 & 2 to control each deck. How do I add the XP-10's so I can use it to scratch while my DAC 3 is already in the line inputs of my pioneer mixer?. Do I need a Y connector to connect the XP-10's into the same line.

This is my issue. So far this is just theory to me since I don't currently have the xp-10's but I'm thinking about getting them to add scratching capabilities. I wish the DAC-3 were touch sensitive...that would solve all my problems

Mensajes Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 11:01 pm
Thanks for your comments.

You can leave your setup exactly how it is now - Just plug the XP10's into your computer and enable them in remote control. They will control the two virtual decks in VDJ alongside the DAC-3 - The sound will come out through your existing soundcard setup (Unless you change it to use the XP10's instead.)

It would be great if somebody made a decent quality controller like the DAC-3 with touch-sensitive jogwheels and alphanumeric displays (So you can see song name/title and browse songs directly from the controller.)

Mensajes Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 12:50 am
Thank you. I agree. The DAC-3 is close to my needs but the touch sensitive wheel would be perfect.

Mensajes Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 3:03 pm
agree ;) maybe new XP10 will offer you everything you need. ... hope so :)

Mensajes Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 4:12 pm
I used to have two but I sold them because the buttons are crap. The play button busted the second day I had it. However, the touch sensitive wheel is professionally made...to bad the rest of the product is made out of plastic. I spoke to the owner of EKS in Atlantic City at the DJ EXPO. He tried to sell me on why it's made this way. I think it's for cost purposes which I find funny when you see the price for just one of them. No matter what anyone says on this board...the XP-10 is not a professional controller. it could be if it was build like a normal turntable or dual CD player (Metal).

Regards

Mensajes Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 6:42 pm
Yes, it's true. Made of plastic and not heavy enough. Buttons are great (in my case) and whell too.
Next generation of XP10 will be like turntable -> http://eks.fi/index.php?page=uutisfull&id=196
But still made of plastic. After all new Denon's cd-players 3500 has only cover made of metal. It's not so much to think about material. It's functionality which is important! For me is XP10 PRO tool.
I am just making a case for all of my controllers and mixer. Picture will be soon in my blog.

Price of XP10 is really a bit high, but i rather have them separately than to have BCD2000 console of Behringer. I have DJConsole too, but using just as soundcard.

Mensajes Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 10:06 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)