Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: 2 soundblaster live with tcvs? - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi, I'd like to know if is possible to work with tcvs using 2 soundblaster live soundcards , if so , what would be the configuration in vdj, thanks in advance.

Mensajes Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 9:37 pm
first you need the full version of VDJ for it to work (demo or crack will cut the timecode signal after a little time)

Then you need a soundcard with 2x line in, preferably asio soundcard:)

Hope that helps :)

Mensajes Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 10:37 pm
Thanks for answering me dj-in-norway and yes I know that I need the full version of vdj but and I'm gonna get it soon but before buying the product I need to know if it's possible to work with 2 separate soundcards because I have 2 soundblaster live, since the maya44 it's very difficult to find here. Thanks for your response.

Mensajes Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 12:11 am
I think you might .. Not sure. But in the "asio config" you can check more than one soundcard for input.
But not 100% sure it would work, specially since they are both the same card brand (might share drivers). But maybe someone else can verify this for you

The best would be to get a dedicated soundcard.

The maya 44 is no longer made, so hard to get yes :)

But there are other good soundcards at the marked, that has ASIO drivers and 2x line-in or more.
The recommended one now, from VDJ is the U46dj :)

Mensajes Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 1:06 am
ok I'm gonna check it and you have any idea where I can get the U46dj sound card and what would be the price? appreciated.

Mensajes Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 1:14 am

Mensajes Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 1:28 am
I just checked the sound card and it looks so pretty. I was reading in the forum and they say that this sound cards have some problems with TCCD but I guess that with TCVs is different or you think that could get in troble?

Mensajes Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 2:11 am
that was before ;)

The U46dj is almost like the "official" soundcard of VDJ ;) very good, and works very well :)
With new drivers and all

Mensajes Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 2:15 am
thank you dj-in-norway, you were very helpfull. Although maya44 was cheaper than this, I hope the cost of this product reduces in the future ($270) plus shipping , and before that, I need to get VDJ Pro.

Mensajes Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 2:35 am
You can look into cheaper cards too ;) U46dj is in the best league..but cost more.

But cheaper brands like Soundblaster and more also delivers cards with ASIO and 2 x line in that works well too.

All you need to look for is ASIO driver support, and at least 2x line-in and 2x line-out.

VDJ supports almost any such soundcards, so you can get cheaper ones.
(they might not have pre-amp for playing real vinyl, but you can always switch cables to your mixer, when using real vinyl)

Hope that helps :)

Mensajes Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 2:42 am
Thanks again, I´m gonna check with my 2 soundblaster live and then, if they are not good enough for VDJ I´ll save money in order to buy the U46dj. best regards.

Mensajes Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 9:09 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I will say that the SB live will work for sure, using 2 of the same cards and that they will share drivers as mentioned might throw a twist in setup but i think it won't be a problem. You will have to install ASIO4ALL as the SB live doesn't support ASIO and would require that small app. to emulate ASIO, which i feel does a pretty good job at it. So overall i dont think you will have any trouble.

Mensajes Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 9:49 pm
Good to hear;) Thanx Listen2 ;)

Mensajes Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 11:54 pm
If it's possible to work with 2 sound blaster live what would be the configuration, because I realized that the configuration pannel has changed, cause in older versions you could configure each deck separately and now with version 3.2 it's not possible since the options of configuration in tcv is different, it has only 1 combo isntead of 2 , right now I´m just testing with one sound card and asio4all drivers and it works well, however I've heard that the best latence is 17ms in asio, but if I do so, the signal falls down and the latence is too bad, cause the sound delays about 1 second when you scratch.

Mensajes Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 12:32 am
manquindvj

I have an ASIO soundcard and I have a latency of 1-2 ms NOT 17. I would highly recommend not sticking with cheap cards if you want the best possible settings. Best never comes cheap and if you can't get a Maya 44 USB or ESI46DJ look for other possiblities although don't expect to get the best settings available and perfect control if your sticking with low end stuff.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Mensajes Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 2:52 am
I use the TCV's with my Maya 44 and it works like a charm...
Don't have turntable style CD players yet but have tested out the TCCD's as well on a Denon 4500 with no problems.

And ... Yes they still make them and they are NOT expensive.
$109 free shipping ... U.S. customers anyways....

http://www.djdeals.com/egosystemsMAYA44.htm

If you are going to set up a DJ computer you should NOT buy consumer audio cards, you should buy professional soundcards.

Mensajes Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 1:37 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Agreed, but if they already have 2 cards and or just want to test the waters 1st then i see no problem, of course there are always better option$ ;)

However i believe this user might be using a cracked version, which will not help setting anything up. For any latency issues try playing with the buffer setting in ASIO4all. Raise or lower it and hear the difference.

Mensajes Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 2:29 pm
listen2

Listen very carefull, I'm planning to buy vdj soon and I´m just wondering if is possible to work with 2 sound cards and 2 tcvs and I don´t think you can asure I´m using a "cracked version"; I'm working with vdj 3.4 demo and a couple of tcv, thanks anyway.

DJ White Devil

Thanks for the information, and what kind of sound card you are using that works with 1-2 ms latency? it sounds pretty good.

Mensajes Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 7:11 pm
at the moment I'm using the M-Audio Ozone workstation although will be going for the ESI u46DJ soundcard fairly soon ;).

both should give you around that if you have enough memory. When you see something that says 0ms latency its true ONLY when your sending sound through it. Although with USB and depending on the length of the cable you'll be getting at least 1ms+. The Ozone only supports 1 TT which explains why I'll be getting the ESI u46DJ.

Hope this helps you

DJ White Devil

Mensajes Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 12:27 am
so, you mean that lenght of usb cable affects latency.Ok I´m gonna check it , thank you so much DJ_whiteDVL.

Mensajes Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 2:27 am
77%