Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Need Help ASAP Please [SOLVED]

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have my first gig on Saturday so Im nervous to boot!!

.......everything was working PERFECT then I downloaded the 3.4 Version and poof, soundcards all messed up, one deck is louder than the other...bla bla bla....

My question, in the soundcard config. settings I "used" to use the one 4th from the bottom.....for some reason now I have to use the 3rd from the bottom, the one with the "Advanced Config" box, only now my Numark Mixer fader is all mesed up, both decks play when I crossfade....its not pretty, I tried EVERY SINGLE possible soundcard config. and still the same problem..cant I just go back to the old version when things worked good......

Any suggestions would be appreciated, Im playing in 5 days

Mensajes Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 11:05 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Don't worry. Sound card config is not so difficult and you will play on Saturday ;)

First of all if i understand right, you want to use 1 sound card 4.1, 5.1 or 7.1. Which one exactly?

We can go step-by-step to configurate it right.

If you have external mixer you can use 6th conf. system

Mensajes Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 11:11 pm
ok.....I have an external mixer...Numark CM200USB, it has 2 built in soundcards.....I was using the config, 7th one down from the top, it has 2 green cables running to an external mixer. Soundcard 1 and soundcard 2 are shown respectively as USB Audio CODEC.....the mixer is a plug and play, no drivers needed.

Channel "3" on my mixer is the left deck.......Channel"4" on my mixer is the right deck, these are the only 2 channels I can use with "USB" mode. Everything was working great until my upgrade to 3.4, now the left deck "3" volume is lower than the right deck "4", I can componsate the difference with increasing the volume on deck 3, but would rather not.

Im not even sure this is the righ soundcard config, but when I got it to work, I just left it alone, I can aslo use the "8"th one down from the top, but my headphone settings are all screwed up.

I did check my windown volume settings and all were at the same level...

So what soundcard config should I be using to get it right??

Mensajes Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 11:29 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
So you even do not need internal sound card. Try to connect mixer to different USB port. You can use 7th sound card config as you did before. Check volume control program in windows to see booth sound cards.
Next try to play let say in winamp the same song but to each sound card and listen if there is difference in sound volume.

If there is no difference in sound volume, but in VDJ is, write back and we will try 8th config.

Headphones should works well on booth sound card config if you connect them to mixer.

Mensajes Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 11:58 pm
ok......I had no idea there were so many volume settings in windows, I finally went through all of them and found one of the settings slightly lower than the other???

So I set them all to the same and things seem to be fine now...

What is the difference in sound card configurations from the one Im using and the advanced one where you have to set the proper sound card to all those individual settings....is that one better in any way??

Ok I can breath easy, at least it works now, I was very nervous....thanks for replying and helping out :)

Mensajes Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 1:18 am
good to hear ;) thanx Xeon...

Mensajes Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 1:29 am
I have similar (DXM01USB) mixer

The default for the USB soundcard is that the volume is int he middle (that's not usually enough) ...

Also (not your case) some usb cards have turned microphone/line inputs, so MUTE them, it will lower the noise.

Everytime you plug your card to the USB port that it was never in before,
you have to set the settings in windows mixer.

Your VDJ configuration is affected too because cards are in different order.

I had a crackling sound this week, it was because of using HUB. strange thing is that it worked at home, and also many times before.

so if there's something wrong, just calm down,
unplug all hubs and soundcards,
add one USB card (cable), check the volume,
add onother cable.
start VDJ, put all channels to -none-
assign one card to one output
test wher is it playing
add other soundcards as neccessary one by one.

Mensajes Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 1:44 am
Thanks everyone for all the help.....I may have panic'd a bit, but glad everyone set me straight!!
:)

Mensajes Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 2:26 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)