Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Is BCD2000 better than MK2?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

LeryanHome userMember since 2005
Any help?

Mensajes Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 9:24 pm
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
We still don't have so much opinions from BCD owners to answer at 100%...

But one thing is sure : DJC have been developed in partnership with Hercules while BCD2000 is a product which is sold with its own software and *can* (as I said, no real return yet) be mapped via MIDI protocol.

Mensajes Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 9:41 pm

Mensajes Wed 19 Apr 06 @ 10:01 pm
More accurate, it seems we need better MIDI implementation and/or native support for the BCD2000 if we are to make any judgement calls on this unit..

Mensajes Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 3:46 pm
ebinaryPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I just want to add that I also have finally got a BCD2000 (on order for a year). VDJ definately needs to support this unit, because the MKII simply does not have a pro sound section.

I have the Hercules MP3 controller. I returned an mkII becasue the sound card section and mic preamp were horrible. I use the MP3 version with my MOTU 828MKII rackmount soundcard .

I like the feel of the MK device, but the Behringer looks much less like a toy.

I will keep both, but I'd like to use my pro VDJ with both surfaces.

Thanks!
Eric

Mensajes Sun 07 May 06 @ 3:02 pm
Where is the support for the BCD2000 controller. Is VDJ going to be the last to support it. There is money to be made from people buying VDJ. If you make support for the controller you will sell software. If theY buy from someone else you will lose money. So whats up with the support.There is alot of owners of the BCD2000 waiting for the first company to support it.

Mensajes Sun 07 May 06 @ 5:09 pm
You could argue they're waiting for the first company to make the mistakes and then they'll improve it. It's not been out very long, the early adoptors usually do suffer for a while you'll just have to be patient. Atomix are too in love with Numark right now, expect support for the Numark controller which has been rumoured first.

Mensajes Sun 07 May 06 @ 5:37 pm
The BCD2000 works very well with my current (main) DJ software. A friend of mine owns a DJconsole and the BCD definitely has a better feel to it. It also sound better and in general looks more 'pro..

My buddy actually bought one himself and 'dumped' the DJsonsole after out test... :)

I think one of the reasons it is taking longer is they have to rewrite (part of) the MIDI implementation in VDJ as it is not complete right now and as there is no SDK for the BCD they need it to support it.

Mensajes Sun 07 May 06 @ 5:45 pm
The BCD2000 is almost there all they have to do is add the needed support. It's not far away from working completely. We can't push virtual Dj until it works completely.So until they get this thing going it's dead in the water. Discomix is trying to push poor implementation of the controller on the Xylio website. They did a poor job of it as far as I can see.

Mensajes Sun 07 May 06 @ 6:49 pm
Yeah.. the visualdiscomix implementation is funny more then it is useful.. It seems like arushjob to try and grab part of the market created by the BCD2000.. However bad it may be no doubt they'll grab some customers..

IMO right now djDecks wins out with decent first implementation which works and actually adds some interesting functionality to the controller.. If done wight it should also be a big plus for VirtualDJ when it's done. I think that teh devteam is right to get this doe properly as they cannot afford to do it badly.. With their huge userbase they should be fine once it's out..

Actually I am looking forward to see if the BCD would be usable for the videopart of VDJ while I use my DJM800 to control the audio part.. That would make VDJ more interesting to use for me for sure..

Mensajes Sun 07 May 06 @ 7:08 pm
The thing is I can get most of the buttons to work with Virtual Dj just to use it. Also the sound is great compaired with Xylio's software. It just needs the rest of the features on the controller to work. The controller does have potential behind a good software program like Virtual Dj. I don't feel like changing software right now I have been with Virtual Dj for a few years now and I have my music and database just right. All that is left is the BCD controller and I am good. Also maybe a look BCD2000 skin. It will take a few years to develop software as good as Virtual Dj .The problem is Virtual Dj will still be two years ahead of any new product they develop now . I had to wait it out for everthing to work and their is no turning back now.

Mensajes Sun 07 May 06 @ 9:54 pm
mcdj7Home userMember since 2006
What is the idea behind buying the BCD2000 controller without any good software support?

Instead of pushing VDJ to release a compatible version with the BCD2000, you should have think about that before buying the BCD2000.

As far as I know, the Hercules Mk2 offers a very good sound quality and a lot of features, + 100% compatibility with VDJ.

It may look a bit little more like a toy but at least it works very well.

I guess some DJs like to pay for a nice looking BCD2000 to show everyone they have it, but in fact, they cannot fully use it.

Mensajes Mon 08 May 06 @ 4:59 pm
Well, I knew going in that the programmer of my DJ software was planning on getting support done as soon as he got one.. And as we got ours at about the same time all was well...

And to be honest the supplied software is not as crappy or bad as some here would lead you to believe, but it is very basic and nowhere near as powerful as VDJ..

The point is that the BCD2000 is a MIDI controller, it's MIDI implementation follows the official specs. If you use a program like MIDIOX you'll see each knob/fader and button has it's own unique MIDI event. The problem is that VDJ in it's current form does not know how to handle different types of MIDI events, hence the problems people are having here. The same (more or less) happened with the DAC3. And it will with any other MIDI device.

There are solutions, but the best way to deal with this is to have VDJ follow MIDI specs and that should solve most issues.. Thing is Behringer did not release a SDK for the BCD so you must go through MIDI to use the unit.

I think and hope the devteam is doing just that and when they're finished they should have little problems getting the BCD to work..

Mensajes Mon 08 May 06 @ 5:25 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)