Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Allen & Heath Xone 3D Mixer & VirtualDJ?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi,

So I bought a MK2 DJ Console a bit ago, whilst it's fun for messing about and getting to grips with the software it's not quite what I was looking for.

I've jumped in at the deep end and bought the following:

Allen & Heath Xone 3D Mixer/Midi Controller/Soundcard
2 x Technics 1210's
2 x Pioneer CDJ1000's

What I want to know if if I can use VDJ on one of the channels on the mixer and switch between the CDJ's & 1210's and any combination inbetween?, the midi is mapable with the Xone but i'm not sure if I shouldn't be looking elsewhere for software, i've got used to Virtual DJ and find it quite intuitive!

Any help would be appriciated as to the possibilities with the above and Virtual DJ or if I should be looking elsewhere for my software needs?

Mensajes Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 1:03 pm
well if your planning on using a TT or CD deck for mixing you'll need to get an ASIO soundcard (like the ESI U46dj or the Maya 44 USB if you can still find one that is) and from there you will be able to connect it to the Xone 3D mixer and use TCVs or TCCDs. But in order to use 2 TTs or 2 CD decks fully you'll need the full version of Virtual DJ Pro.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Mensajes Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 1:53 pm
Hi,

Thank you for the response.

As the Xone 3D is a mixer and has a soundcard already built in won't this suffice?, what is the need for a external soundcard if the Xone comes with one built in?....I was hoping for the £1600 I paid for it did everything ;-)

http://www.xone.co.uk/3d.htm

Mixer:

4 multi-input stereo channels: RIAA preamps for turntables on 4 inputs
3-band total kill EQ: +6dB to off
2 FX sends: pre/post selection (internal on FX2)
2 stereo returns
Headphone monitor with mix/cue control: 3.5mm and ¼” sockets
2 analogue VCF filters: low-pass, band-pass, high-pass, resonance frequency, and filter ‘on’ switch
Assignable LFO with depth control
Mic input: On XLR connector; gain control and 2-band EQ control available
Power supply: High performance internal switch-mode supply
RIAA: for THREE turntables (four via internal jumper link)
Dual Rail VCA Cross Fader

USB SoundCard:

Uses 24 bit stereo Analogue to Digital converters and Digital to Analogue converters (not lower spec CODECs
Sample rate can be set to either 44.1kHz or 48kHz; interfaces to any digital audio source up to 192kHz
Soundcard fed from main mix, FX1, or direct from channels
8 channels - either 6 channels from a PC and 2 returns or 4 channels from a PC and 4 returns.
Sends - mix, FX, or individual analogue channels may be routed to PC or digital outputs
MIDI Controller:

Mappable MIDI controls:

105 MIDI control messages available
8 x 60mm linear faders
16 x detented rotary pots
10 rotary encoders, 50 switches, 2 custom jog wheels with micro switches
8 illuminated push switches
Multi-function jog wheels with switched navigation control
Xone:3D is compatible with any PC software that has MIDI assignable functions: for instance,
lighting controller or visual effects programs

Or am I missing something?

Mensajes Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 2:19 pm
Buy the software, then use the audio options to setup for TCV use

Mensajes Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 3:36 pm
Ok, so the general consensus is that VDJ is the software to use.

I'll order the Pro version of the software tonight, thanks for your help.

Mensajes Thu 20 Apr 06 @ 3:39 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)