Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: IMPORTANT!!! SOMEONE NEEDS TO CONTACT EBAY ASAP - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

give it a rest guys;) be friends, and happy mixing... ;)

VDJ got anti piracy measures ( ever read a topic about "protection error"... lol)

Virtual dj 3.4 has very strong anti piracy protection, and is not even cracked yet...

Of course sharing of legal exe files, can be an issue.
But those users doing that, will be traced with the exe file, and account locked... Not very smart thing to do for any user;)

Illegal cracks, illegal sharing etc... its a problem of any software almost. Not much to do about it, except making the job hard for the hackers. And VDJ tries, and does better and better..

Well, stay cool you all, no need to attack eachothers;)

Mensajes Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 2:02 am
@ dj-in-norway

I have the utter most respect for you bro, but VDJ doesn’t have any “anti piracy measures”.
As I posted on the other page, “I could give every DJ that I know with a computer my copy of VDJ because there isn’t anything stopping me but my conscious.” Piracy is defined in the Webster’s dictionary as: “the unauthorized use of another’s production, invention….” Consequently, piracy is not limited to cracked software. I’m sure there are legal users who have given their friends copies VDJ—its human nature. This also constitutes piracy. The fact that anybody with a serial number can distribute VDJ to whom ever and where ever is not “anti piracy measures.”

It would be very difficult to share PCDJFX with a friend because once it is installed on another computer; it has to be reactivated with a code that corresponds to the unique identification number for the new cpu. Sure some people will still find a way around this protective measure, but it greatly minimizes the amount of people who can pirate a product. Consequently, I do support registering each installation of VDJ with a limit on how many computers VDJ can be simultaneously installed on. However, I do not support using hardware protection.

OO

btw. If the guy on Ebay has valid serial number, he can sell as many legit copies of VDJ as he wants.

Mensajes Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 2:49 am
yeah.. I know what you are saying..

But, Virtual DJ does have a bit of anti-piracy even for sharing of legal exe.
Try sharing yours, and you will see;) hehe.. it would be traced, and your account locked:)
definitively not worth it...hehe

Regarding the ID hash key that some software do have now, its cracks for that are easily available.
They generate an unique key from your hardware...
This goes for Adobe products (activation) all the way to PCDJ too....

But yeah... some measurement as of activation and hardware lock could be made.
But it would still be hacked/cracked... and in practical terms often only be a hazzle for legal customers.

Anyways, Piracy Staff is dealing with this, not me:)

Mensajes Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 2:57 am
dj-in-norway: “Try sharing yours, and you will see;) hehe.”

I wouldn’t take a chance on Piracy staff making me walk the plank ;)

OO

Mensajes Fri 21 Apr 06 @ 3:08 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005

Mensajes Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 6:43 pm
listen2, the listing was removed after a complaint ;)

Thanks all for your help :)

Coyote

Mensajes Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 9:51 pm
Good to hear that.

Well played everyone :)

Mensajes Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 1:41 am

Mensajes Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 6:19 pm
The name Virtual DJ does sound like a kids game and everyone I know who has seen me use the demo version of the software, don't take me seriously or the software because of the name.

Then again some people are just stupid to begin with.
Some people just don't care to look into the software solutions.

Vitaliy
Hopefull soon I can purchase the PRO version.
YEY

Does the pro, legl, activated version crash less?

Thanks

Mensajes Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 7:03 pm
@To Whom It May Concern:

Instead of “deactivating” my last post because of the truth it contained, why not take the necessary “activation” measures to minimize the illegal selling of your software at an embarrassing amount. If I didn't care, I would not have provided a link to the illegal sell. Furthermore, I posted the following on page 1 of this VDJ IS GETTING VANDALIZED THREAD: “Piracy staff should definitely investigate this. I can’t believe the current bid price is only $1.77—that is an insult to Atomix Productions!”

OO

Mensajes Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 7:33 pm
Are we getting bent out of shape because some asshole is selling this software illegally, on eBay? I can't stand pirates and thieves, but I will not lose any sleep about them. If I did, I would never sleep. I am sure the staff appreciates your looking out, but lets keep this in perspective. It's not 50 or 100 copies. So what he's selling it for a couple of dollars. I can't stop him, so I will not use up my few remaining brain cells, worrying about it. The jerk off that buys it will also be in for a surprise. As far as the name sounding like a toy, give me a break. DON'T WE HAVE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT? It sounds like a toy to you, not me. I do not care what people think about me or my equipment, and tell them that. Try this the next time a DJ says that your software, sounds like a kids game. " What makes you think I give a shit what you think". See how easy that was. The legal copy of the Pro version that I own, does not crash. So feel free to spend your money. Speaking of names, what the f#@k is a Serato?More importantly, who cares?

Mensajes Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 8:52 pm
lol.. calm down everybody ;) hehe

Thing is, that these e-bay sales will pop up from time to time.. Some "pirate" trying to make money.
They sell a burned cd with a cracked version of VDJ, that does not even work... and we have support tickets from unfortunate people who bought it, and find out that it does not work at all (either cracked demo that dont support most soundcardsetups, lots of other features disabled, or a shared serial that locks the software etc etc etc)

Anyone that does not have a license, and is even thinking of buying of E-bay, prepare yourself to be fooled...

As far as stopping them all, we try our best. Most of all because of the unfortunate ones that buy it.

If you do find illegal sharing of VDJ, it better to report to e-service really.
http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/

Anyways.. If its called Mixmeister, Mixvibes, PCDJ, VirtualDJ, ScratchLive,FinalScratch or what ever.. the name will always be popluar by some, and others not like it. And yes.. so what.. The features of the software is what counts, not the name... at least for me;)

Mensajes Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 9:25 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Well said Norway!
Don't put those E-bay links here, someone could take advantage (and get tricked) and actually buy VDJ there! If you have links, report them to http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/ , and put "For Piracy Staff", as I do. I reported many links by now, it's very hard to catch them all.
This topic should be closed now.

Mensajes Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 7:10 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)