Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Notebook PCMCIA HELP!!!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS PCMCIA for the laptop.
Can someone tell me if I would be able to run two tables and a mixer through that w/o having to buy any more extra equipment such as another soundcard. It has 3 outputs through a dongle but from what I understand it only has one input. However my built in sound card on the laptop, although crappy, has one input and one output, but it's an older laptop (Sony Vaio PCG-FX140) so the built-in sound card sucks and may or may not support ASIO.

If anyone knows if the above setup will work, please explain how to do that. (what to hookup)
Also keep in mind that the cables are not RCA but are 1/8".

Can someone please help me out.

Thanks in advance.
Vitaliy

Mensajes Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 8:24 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It's better that you buy maya44 to use with TC. You can use PCMCIA card for recording or for using it without TC.

Mensajes Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 8:44 am
After looking around for answers in the middle of the night and also seeing your post, I finally found and purchased a Maya 44 USB sound card, and now patiently await for it's arival.

Gotta say though, not the best stats sheet on that card.

One question, is there any lag on it through USB?

Thanks,
Vitaliy

Mensajes Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 5:20 pm
That audigy had some minor issues:
you were not able to use it in advanced mode (as you saw there only left and right channel)
only possibility was using 7.1 card option in vdj.

Also I and several other users encoutered clicks in left channel everytime sound is going from almost silent to silent. I also use other software for music composition and you can easily hear that after the e.g. piano get lost in silence, the loud click followed shortly after.

It was annoing while scratching in vdj too mainly when moving slowly.

Therefore i don't recommend this card, also it has good quality sound otherways, no noise or hum, good dynamics.... but theese 2 issues got me into selling it away.

Mensajes Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 5:54 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
you won't notice a lag with maya44 usb and with full version of VDJ.
Purchase your copy of VDJ too for better performance and 100% working setup.

Mensajes Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 8:08 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I use the Audigy 2 ZS Notebook PCMCIA and it works perfect on my laptop. Only problem is if you wish to use TCCD or TCV you will need to use something like Maya44.

When setting up the Audigy 2 ZS soundcard you will need to change the settings in the installed dialog box control for the sound options to 4.1 channel or 7.1.

With the 3 connections that come from the soundcard you only need to use 2 of the connections as the one of them is dedicated for the subwoofer. I use 2 adaptors on each of the connectors, 3.5mm male to 2 rca female connectors. From that you can connect the left/right channel rca to rca male plug directly to the mixer.

In the sound settings for virtual dj you can simply choose the 4.1 channel selection for the mixer and it should be straight forward from there.

Hope this helps but otherwise you've made the right choice purchasing the maya44, now make the right choice and purchase vdj :)

Mensajes Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 10:22 pm
when i bought audigy 2 zs notebook PCMCIA, i thought it's 7.1 so i'll have 8 outputs. (4 stereo)

left deck
right deck
samples
prelisten/headphones

but I was not able to set it up in advanced mode. Only it worked in 4.1.

If you use special cables with 4 pin jack connector (ussually used for camera) and not plane stereo jack you will gain acces to other channels (in black and yellow hole) but ... for now it's out of use...

Mensajes Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 5:24 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)