Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: VDJ --> Ecler Nuo4 communication problem

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi Everyone,

I posted this topic in the hardware forum, but nobody seems to have an answer for me, so I thought I'd post it here...

My new Ecler Nuo4 works brilliantly, I absolutely love it, I recommend it to anyone who doesn't have it -- but VDJ seems to keep losing track of it. That is, the USB connection works fine for a while, but then VDJ no longer responds to input from it after a while. The setup program that comes with the Ecler Nuo4, Control4Lab, does still recognize commands from it, so I know it's not a problem with the physical connection. It's annoying because to fix this problem I need to reboot the computer 3 separate times, one for a clean start, one to uninstall the drivers, and another to re-install the drivers. This fixes the problem, but it would be nice if could just be truly plug & play without any issue.

Also, when it gets to the point where VDJ no longer "sees" the mixer, if I load up VDJ at that point, it causes my computer to crash. This happens with a blue screen and white text flashing on the screen too fast to read, then it reboots.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Or how to get driver updates for the Ecler Nuo4? Or even how to contact their technical support? Their website is extremely unhelpful in this regard. It's a great product besides this problem, I'd really like it to be more stable.

Thanks!

Mensajes Mon 01 May 06 @ 3:36 pm
I think the problem is with the NUO4 mixer. I also got one only to use it once and then no midi signals are being sent. I did all types of troubleshooting, firmware upgrade, re-install, try it on another puter. Still no luck I finally contacted the seller, of course he had some troubleshooting steps for me. None of them worked. He finally had me ship it back...paying out of my pocket. I just got an e-mail from him confirminig the defective NUO4 and has contacted Ecler support. Hopefully he'll get back to me with some positive news soon. I gues a lot of people have not started the using the midi function.

Mx.

Mensajes Tue 02 May 06 @ 2:18 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Wow that really sux, please post any updates regarding the midi fix when they come available.

I would like to purchase the Nuo4 mixer but that is a real problem which would change my mind.

Mensajes Tue 02 May 06 @ 2:44 am
Yeah, that does suck about the dysfunctional mixer... Actually mine has made a real turnaround -- no problems for 2 days now! Hehe... That doesn't sound so impressive, but it was having this problem I described above CONSTANTLY before... But since the last driver re-install it has been 100% stable. Not sure what changed, but I have my fingers crossed that it stays like this.

It's really a brilliant mixer, the MIDI functionality makes it extremely powerful. I do recommend getting one -- if you are unlucky and get one that isn't communicating properly the warranty should cover it.

I still recommend it despite the aforementioned problems because it is incredibly powerful once you start playing around with the possibilities! There are 6 different layouts you can use for the 4 pushable-knobs and 4 buttons, giving a total of 72 unique MIDI commands! One of my favorite setups right now is I have 3 knobs controlling varying degrees of "nudge", so I can get in the right range with the rough nudge, hone it down with the medium nudge, and find the beat EXACTLY with the ultra-fine nudge knob. In other layouts I have knobs assigned to seek files and open them, adjust tempo, skip beat, move fast through a track by "song position", select and load effects, a knob to adjust the strength of the effect, etc. etc. etc.

It takes some getting used to, especially remembering everything you've programmed in :) But I made a little chart sitting right above the mixer til I memorize all the buttons... It's really cool though, that's what I'm trying to say :) My mixes sound amazing, definitely moved me up a level on the DJ'ing. Good luck!

Mensajes Tue 02 May 06 @ 6:01 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Glad to hear Polo. Can't wait till I get mine!

Mensajes Wed 03 May 06 @ 1:16 am
Yeah...it's a very nice mixer. I might just be one of the unlucky few. Stuff happens.
:)

Mensajes Wed 03 May 06 @ 1:47 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)