Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: bpm for r&b

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

vdj has a hard time computing bpm for r&b songs,so when i do it manually and get the correct bpm,i can't get the cbg to be in the right places to be able to mix it.the music i'm having trouble with is old school r&b.seems like anything over 100 vdj has problems.should i set the configurations to any music from techo/house?

Mensajes Thu 08 Jun 06 @ 6:02 pm
Hi,

had a few problems with this myself, it's always worth trying the dance music one, but it just depends on the drumming pattern i think.

Have you tried doing it manually, i've just discovered the "set anchor" buttons in the bpm editor are really useful.

Just have the song loaded and pause it right on the first beat of the song, click to open the bpm editor, then press "set anchor 1". Start playing the song and count 16 beats yourself then pause the song on the 17th beat (you can slide adjust the timeline once the song is paused to get it dead on). Then press "set anchor 2" in the bpm window. Hopefully your song should have the right bpm now!

Hope that helps.

Mensajes Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 1:29 pm
still doesn't work with r&b music,can get the right bpm but can't get the cbg to be in the right places

Mensajes Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 8:36 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well if you've set the bpm correctly, cbg's shouldn't be a problem unless the song is changing tempo. If you can't get it to work, upload 1 song that you're having issues with (*for problem solving purpose only, not music sharing*) and post a link in my private inbox, so I can help you.

Regards.

Mensajes Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 9:06 am
TotyoHome userMember since 2006

Mensajes Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 4:16 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Totyo wrote :
this is a trance song but how would you mix this one?
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ufkb2w

This track is definately changing tempo slightly, it gets just a bit slower in the mid sections and pitches up in the last mix time, so it's not possible to fix the cbg on all sections. But still mixing isn't a biggie here if you don't rely only on cbg and it shouldn't trouble experienced Djs, it just requiers a good ear and constant pitch adjusting while mixing.

Totyo wrote :
maybe the varying tempo is the revenge of the rippers... :)

In that case I would suggest using original CDs or purchased mp3s.

Mensajes Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 4:54 pm
And do not used mixed cds. Most mix cds start at a certain bpm and go faster during the mix (just like a normal dj set). So try to avoid those. I only purchase original cds from artists and cd singles.
I also try to avoid compilation cds, while those mainly contain very short versions. The only exception are the Hed Kandi cds.
Ewout

Mensajes Thu 15 Jun 06 @ 9:07 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)