Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: BASIC MIXING

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

There's no right or wrong way to learn how to Dj. There's only your own way. This is my way of learning from the the beginning - which I've used to teach other people, and it's worked. With this page, I can go through some of the things you'll have to work through in order to be able to mix, but all I can do is advise. What's on this page is only 5% of what you'll need - the other 95% is understanding, concentration, practise, and practise - and practise!!

Firstly, understand that learning the basics of Dj'ing, which in this case is beat-matching, is something that you'll have to work hard at, and really teach yourself. I can give out as many pointers here, but from all the mails I've had over the years saying "I can't really get it, can you give me any more pointers" it seems to me that people expect to be able to match their tunes in a matter of hours. It's a really hard thing to do at first, and you just have to keep practising until you get it.

What's the aim of it then?

Well, the point of beat-matching is to take two tunes, and make them run at exactly the same tempo (BPM). Why? So you can play the two tunes together and go from one to the other without there being a change in the beat. Why? So that the people on the floor don't have to shuffle step to get back into the rhythm of the music. Why? coz otherwise they'll leave. Why? SHUT UP!!!

I'm getting a bit ahead of myself though. I'll start from the very moment you've just set up your decks, and are wondering what to do with them (apart from admire them).

Mensajes Wed 14 Jun 06 @ 10:32 pm
sonnypHome userMember since 2006
dude ia m gonna be short and i am here to learn whats up.

Mensajes Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 6:24 am
maxexHome userMember since 2006
Hi!
How are you? Me Very difficult of mixing so i would like you to teach me how to mix, Im new at this thats why i often use atomixmp3 just to learn. I have difficult of doing the beat matching. Can I mix any kind of music with different kind of beat? How? teach me..

Hope you can help.... Thanks ...
Maxex

Mensajes Sat 08 Jul 06 @ 3:05 am
hey thanks for helping. Ive learned beatmatching and looping, i need help on EQ. I usually keep the crossfader in the middle and put all 3 EQ's to the active deck, now when i want to change the eq i often finding myself scrambeling to corssfade the EQ's. Is there any option on VDJ which allows me to nudge the EQ fader over (like a keyboard shortcut) how can i do this?

Thanks
Alex

Mensajes Thu 13 Jul 06 @ 11:56 pm
bedaddjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
hi i am a new user to virtual dj. i am trying to remix songs using other songs beats. how can i remove the beat from the voice without distorting it. and how do i remove the vocal from a song without hearing any backround music. i tryed some plug ins but they either distort the vocal or have high vocal and low beat.also i am using a laptop which is ok for mixing but when i play in a crowd what do i need to be able to listen to one track while one is playing to the crowd . any help will be great. plus i made a few mixes and i uploaded them to my space if you guys want to listen and tell me what you guys think. www.myspace.com/dj383 thanks alot

Mensajes Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 7:42 pm
unfortunately there are no plugin or way to make good instrumentals (only music) or acapellas (only voice) from a recorded track....

There is a harder subtracktion think you can do in a wave editor, if you have the instrumental you can subtrackt that from the recorded track, and get the acapella out of it (in theory). Doesnt always work.

And Tex from Italy is making a plugin that works the same way for VDJ on the fly... (works pretty good for some songs, subtrackt the music by using VDJ sample slots).

But as said, there are no perfect way...

If you are making a remix, try getting the real intrumental or acapella for that song.
There are some good (semi-legal) sites on the internet that share instrumentals and acapellas...
Wont give you the link in the forum, as they are kinda on the border of legal..

But Google for "mash-up", "acapella" and "bootleg" and "bastard pop" ;) should get you going...

Mensajes Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 10:14 am
bedaddjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
thanks alot .you been alot of help

Mensajes Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 5:35 pm

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 7:04 am
Oh boy.... You need more than VDJ to do something like what was in that video. That was not mixed live, but edited together. You could use a program like Cool Edit Pro, or Sonic Foundry's ACID to do what you want. But if you don't know how to edit different pieces of music together, it will take you longer than just finding someone who can do it for you and maybe sliding them a few bucks to get it done quickly. I shouldn't say that you can't do it in VDJ because it is possible, but you really would need to be very good with VDJ. (as in being an expert.) I can possible help you if you need something like that done. Let me know if you are interested. (djderricke.com)

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 9:47 am
Yes I am

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 5:39 pm
I also do that kind of work. Typically for radio stations. But if you don't find someone that does it, I have been doing imaging for over 15 years, I have sound clips and a ton of music to choose from. Give me a theme and I will bang it out. Email me at buff@damngoodpromos.com if you need anything.

Mensajes Wed 02 Aug 06 @ 1:43 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)