Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: poor sound quality...HELP!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

dj bk1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
hi,
i am trying to understand and fix why i am only getting 75% volume with my tcv. i know that i am not getting 100% sound because the lights on my external mixer only go up about 3/4 of the way..also, i can hear how low it is...
the program tells me that i am recieving 100% signal when i open the vdj config area... but i dont know if that has anything to do with volume.
also, i have tried to use cstolls blog to help me configure but it has not done anything...there is nothing in the forums either...
is there a soundcard config that i am misusing...? or is it normal for the program to do that?
i am using a maya 44, pioneer djm 600 mixer, and 1200's...

thank you in advance,

dj bk

Mensajes Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 11:34 pm
Well you've already solved part if it. If you are not getting full volume on your mixer, the problem is either in your turntable cart, or the mixer itself. Check the needle on your turntable. (Try taking it off the arm and replacing it.) You may need to invest in new needles.

Mensajes Thu 29 Jun 06 @ 11:48 pm
Have you connected your soundcards outputs to the line input of your mixer? Surely adjusting the gain at your mixer will increase the volume? If it's already at the maximum you should be able to increase the playback volume directly at the maya using the sound configuration utility found in windows control panel.

Mensajes Fri 30 Jun 06 @ 1:09 am
hi, thanks for the input... but allow me to clearify some things, it may help to understand the problem more clearly:

firstly, my technique needles are fairly new and in pretty good shape, i have no problems when i play regular vinyls with them, i get 100% signal with no cracking...

secondly, yes i do have them plugged into the line inputs of the mixer... and the gain is full...

third, the only solution i can see as being plausible has to do with the windows volume control panel... when i open the windows volume panel (commonly represented by a speaker in the bottom right on most computers) and i open "audio device on usb serial bus" option i see that it shows 3 different sets of volume controls.

now here is the problem: the two volume controls to the right are like any other volume control and are able to be tampered with, i have those set at their max... the one on the furthest left however is in a different colour (a lighter shade of grey) and is stuck at 75%!!!! Surely enough, the title above this volume bar reads "VOLUME CONTROL"...

so does anybody know how to increase this cause im sure this is what is keeping my volume at 75%...or does it always stay like this? can you guys check ur own windows control panel to see if its the same...

thanks

Mensajes Sat 01 Jul 06 @ 12:47 am
In volume control are you adjusting the Maya properties? Options > Properites, make sure Mixer Device is set to your soundcard. Using the Mk2 (and other line devices for that matter) I usually have the gain about halfway on my mixer before clipping occurs. Make sure you have the volume faders in virtualdj and the master volume output to the maximum.

Mensajes Sat 01 Jul 06 @ 7:01 pm
andrew87,

yes, in the control panel i am adjusting the maya soundcard (windows calls it "audio device on usb bus"...and on the maya control panel itself (the thing that looks like a sideways M) i have the output set at full and the input set at 75%, and the two monitors muted, as suggested by cstoll... changing the volumes of the input or the monitors doesnt seem to affect anything... (btw- in case this is a bit confusing, i am talking about 2 different control panels the one that comes with the maya 44 software and the one windows provides)...in any case, all outputs are set at their max (the ones i have acess to, atleast)... read my last message to understand which output i do not have access to...

moreover, i cannot bring the gain down on for my mk2 cause it will produce an extremely low output (considering i only get 75% when gain is at a max)...

also, i have the mixer in vdj set to full and i keep the crossfader in the middle at all times (the crossfader in the software, that is) and yes the master volume is also at a max...

thanks for trying but still no change...

PLEASE KEEP TRYING THOUGH...ANYBODY! i cannot take this into clubs until this issue is resolved which means im actually losing money!

Mensajes Sun 02 Jul 06 @ 2:00 am
Are you able to test if the line in on your mixer works properly with other devices?

Mensajes Sun 02 Jul 06 @ 2:06 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)