Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Configuration Copying?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

dj ripHome userMember since 2005
I have the virtual dj software w/dj consule and I am installing the vdj program on a new computer and transfering all of my music to an external hard drive. I want to keep the same configurations that I have set in vdj on my existing computer. so that I dont have to manually adjust song cues, bpms etc. Any suggestions.

Mensajes Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 6:46 pm
joetmenPRO InfinityMember since 2005
you have simply to copy your VirtualDJDatabase.XML in the new folder of virtual dj in the other pc.
in the .XML file vdj saves all the info about each track: artist, track, album, bpm, cues and other...
hope I help u!
bye

Mensajes Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 6:57 pm
dj ripHome userMember since 2005
Thanks that worked. Now what about copying my playlists so that they target the songs on my external hard drive that I have transferred all of my music to instead of targeting my hard drive from the PC that I transferred my music from. Any suggestions?

Mensajes Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 12:54 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I *might* have a solution. For my rigs, I install OS and PCDJ on C:\ and MP3s on D:\.

That's how all my gig rigs are setup. That way, I rip/tag/etc on my MP3 server and just replicate to either ext hd and/or gig rig.

So this time I installed VDJ into the MP3 folder - so the XML & TXT only needs done once on my server - then can get replicated across my main rig and backup. It takes FOREVER to scan the 40k+ files I have.

I fig any playlists/short cuts keys/etc will be backed up this way to all systems. I'll just need to make sure of config settings.

Folderclone is what I use to keep things synced. I'll let ya know.

Mensajes Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 1:24 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)