Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: HOW DO YOU TAKE OUT THE BASS?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I was reading a post somewhere that suggests when fading one song into another or transitioning one song to another you should "take out the bass" from song one and raise the bass on song 2.....how do you do this? is is possible?

Mensajes Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 9:47 pm
its called EQing

Use your EQ's to blend the mix better, and short easy way would be to lower bass on one song (the one going out of the mix) and introduce bass from the new song.

Mensajes Mon 10 Jul 06 @ 9:57 pm
Thanks..I found it..I guess what is hard for me....since I'm using a laptop is timing...its hard with a mouse or a finger to turn down the EQ on song 1 and start song 2....timing is key and with a mouse you can only do one action at a time....

Mensajes Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 3:12 pm
epleadbe wrote :
Thanks..I found it..I guess what is hard for me....since I'm using a laptop is timing...its hard with a mouse or a finger to turn down the EQ on song 1 and start song 2....timing is key and with a mouse you can only do one action at a time....

try looking for midi controllers, like the edirol uc33. will make it much easier for you.

Mensajes Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 3:46 pm
Or just kill the bass and at the same time throw in the bass on song two (simultaneously), I have to say it really does make the transition smooth if done right. shortcuts

Mensajes Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 4:27 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you're only using keyboard and mouse, I suggest you make a whole bunch of keyboard shortcuts (Settings > Keyboard shortcuts) and macros (assigning multiple functions to one key: for example "kill bass EQ on left deck" & "reset bass EQ on right" ; which is easier with "bass EQ crossfader" since VDj 2.xx). It will maker it a lot easier to Dj without additional controllers :)

Regards.

Mensajes Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 7:21 pm
still cant beat the feel and control a real controller gives...

Mixing with controller or timecode on real hardware, gives not only better controll, but far better "feel".. making better mixes..

Mensajes Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 7:37 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
still cant beat the feel and control a real controller gives...

Mixing with controller or timecode on real hardware, gives not only better controll, but far better "feel".. making better mixes..

definately.

Mensajes Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 8:31 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i agree also, it's all about the feel that makes you comfortable

Mensajes Tue 11 Jul 06 @ 9:47 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)