Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: First Seconds of Video - No Audio playback!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I've noticed a problem with all my DivX encodes of my DVDs.

They all playback fine in Virtual DJ (excepting that the 48khz audio sounds terrible), but the first few seconds of the audio doesn't play! It's really annoying for slamming song into a mix in or something, or for beatmixing, because you can't hear the first bit of the audo.

I've tried playing back these videos in other programs and I don't have this problem. I can hear that first few seconds just fine. Is there something that can be done about this, like a new filter or a change of settings in Virtual DJ?

Mensajes Wed 12 Jul 06 @ 12:26 am
Furthermore, some videos have a "blip" or a loud noise spike, (usually like higher frequency tones, or a screechy bleep) when the audio does kick in. I presume it's a related problem.

Mensajes Wed 12 Jul 06 @ 12:42 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
video's seem to be a constant problem for vdj depending on how it's encoded..did u try transconding to mpg? or u can just cross ur fingers and wait for 4.0 also try changing the encoder they open with ...to windows media player video

Mensajes Wed 12 Jul 06 @ 12:43 am
Waiting for Version 4 might be a viable option. I wish somebody would give a release date, but I guess the thing about those is that they never are what they are supposed to be.

As for changing the video extensions, Windows Media Player Video just makes VDJ crash on my system. Not good at all.

Mensajes Wed 12 Jul 06 @ 1:45 am
i had that problem with a couple videos,,,just transcode them to something else

Mensajes Wed 12 Jul 06 @ 2:10 am
I'm not sure if this would help or not, but it might be worth a go.

There's a registry value called VideoDeInterlaceWMP, which can apparently help with problems to do with the windows media decoder.
You could try changing the decoder to windows media in VDJ and then altering the registry value (to a 1 if it is set to 0, or 0 if it's set to 1)

I had the gap in the audio and funny noises at the start with divx, but it plays fine now with windows media video decoder and that registry value set to 1. (Making sure you've got the latest version of media player 10 might help as well).

Hope you get it sorted mate.

Andy.

Mensajes Wed 12 Jul 06 @ 2:48 am
Uh... I spent probably two months straight encoding the videos I have (virtually every one released by Promo Only). If it were one or two, it might be a worthwhile option to transcode them, but that's not really applicable here.

Mensajes Wed 12 Jul 06 @ 6:40 am
The VideoDeinterlaceWMP setting was set to 1. I changed it to 0, and no difference. VirtualDJ appears not to be useable with the WMP Video Decoder, at least with AVI files.

Mensajes Wed 12 Jul 06 @ 7:33 am
what divx codec did you install? wmp wont open the avi divx files unless u installed a codec for it

Mensajes Wed 12 Jul 06 @ 4:48 pm
not sure if that was at supacon or me, but i'm really not sure what codecs i've installed. i did install a program called roxio dvd copy delux, which i've used to encode a few videos to divx, maybe i'm using the codec that came with that without realising.

I've just done a double check, I'm definately using WMP video codec for.avi files and it's working. I'm just not sure why!

Mensajes Thu 13 Jul 06 @ 5:16 am
maybe u already installed the divx codec...just go to there site and download the newest codec ..you should be ok afterwards

Mensajes Thu 13 Jul 06 @ 9:12 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)