Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: In need of TCCD experience help- urgent!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

djzarePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi all!

I'm using denon's s1000 cd players and will be doing a lot of gigs soon with VDJ 3.4.
So, what are the best settings, from your experience?
What mode, to use smart cue, anti skip and so on....?

Reply as fast as you can, cause I'm leaving tomorrow morning not nowing If I will have an internet conection available.

Mensajes Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 2:26 pm
you should enable smart cue, anti skip is not good to enable cause sometimes it sounds digital overall when you scratch, enable smart pitch and in mode smart, Manquin DJ.

Mensajes Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 7:27 pm
djzarePRO InfinityMember since 2004
So You say: smart mode, and anti skip- off.

thanks!

Anybody else?

Mensajes Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 10:15 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
make sure you seledct CD not 33 or 45 RPM

Mensajes Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 12:04 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
djzare wrote :
So You say: smart mode, and anti skip- off.

I agree on these two, i don't use smart pitch, enable vinyl mode in your cd players

Mensajes Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 12:15 am
can anyone explain to me what the different modes DO?

Mensajes Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 3:20 pm
absolute: vinyl works like a regular vinyl , loops work as well.

relative: song begins where you put the needle for the first time (any part of the tcv) this mode is recommended for tccds mainly.

smart: vdj choses the best way to work depending if is tcv or tccd and all the things you do at that moment (loops,samples etc) is like a mix of the first 2 , Manquin DJ.

Mensajes Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 6:23 pm
what exactly does smart cue, and smart pitch do? i have had them switched off so far.

Mensajes Sat 22 Jul 06 @ 3:32 pm
@secretsoul
I dont know what the smart pitch will do (manual?). If I remember correctlythe smart cue does the following if you switch it on:
If you start playing, pick up the needle and move it forwards more than one minute (yes you will need to get used to what a minute is about at the time coded vinyl) the song will move to the second cue point.

This could be helpfull: If you created 3 cue points for a song and would like to start it from the second cue point -> let the time code record play from the start. if the song start at the beginning (=cue point 1), pick the needle up and drop it after 1 minute. Then you are at the second cue point.

In this case you could switch between cue points, without using mouse or keyboard.
Ewout

Mensajes Sat 22 Jul 06 @ 4:25 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)