Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Crash To Windows (possible fix)

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

For anyone having the occasional crash to desktop issue with VDJ, I 'may' have a solution, since I did this a few weeks ago it has not happened at all for me so it may be worth a try. two stages.

1) Set a fixed swapfile (virtual memory) of 1 gig.

2) right click 'my computer' and select 'properties/advanced' under 'performance' click 'settings/advanced'. Under 'Memory Usage' select "adjust for best performance of system cache"

Since I did this I have'nt had the crash to desktop happen at all. If it works or doesn't work for you, please post here for the benefit of others.

Mensajes Sat 22 Jul 06 @ 10:41 am
TopHouse, how much internal memory does your pc have?
Ewout

Mensajes Sat 22 Jul 06 @ 4:06 pm
your tips Tophouse are great, and goes for ANY demanding program in Windows...

Actually, some say that setting pagefile to 1.5 x physical ram is the best, but I've had no performance difference with letting Windows control it by itself...

You just gotta make sure you always have about 2 gigabytes free of harddrive space (at LEAST), and defragment harddrive every now and then...

its worth it, for ANY program you run on the windows platform, that needs full power....

Mensajes Sat 22 Jul 06 @ 5:34 pm
Superstom wrote :
TopHouse, how much internal memory does your pc have?
Ewout

2 gig ddr ram. I don't beleive that the crash to desktop issue is related to the power of the PC, mine in particular is VERY high spec, P4 3 gig 600 cpu (the 600 range has 1 meg onchip cache as opposed to the normal 512k) 2 gig ddr, radeon x1300 gfx with 512 meg onboard, and 4 hard drives 1 x 80 gig (OS & vdj) 2 x 300 gig and 1 x 400 gig, all are SATA. Sound is through Gigaport AG, also got a DAC3 on there. The occasional crash to desktop is the only 'issue' i have. have recently recased my gear and done some upgrading. I'll be adding some new pics to my blog soon.

Mensajes Sat 22 Jul 06 @ 7:08 pm
That is a very nice system indeed. I had a crash to the Crashguard only once. I did not know why or what caused this. I have only 1G internal memory and have set the swap file to be automatically be controlled by Windows.
Ewout

Mensajes Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 2:00 pm
hi there i been have the same problem, my computer is P4 AMD 2600 +1.83gh at 1 gb of ram and i didn't understand what happened because one day it was perfect and the next day it was so bad at 6 hour of running my computer crash like 6 or 9 times so i didn't know what i need to do but i read the post of the memory and i gonna try if some one has some recomendations please post me a message thanks.

Mensajes Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 8:35 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I had the same problems, but only sometimes. After optimizing my sistem there is no problem any more. Worth a try ;)
see my blog

Mensajes Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 9:02 am
I'm pleased to report that since starting this thread I have not had a single crash to desktop. Therefore I can only assume that my idea worked. Perhaps support team can add this info to their database of possible fixes.

What i do find strange is that so many people were quick to complain about having this issue, yet I post a possible fix and get very little feedback. So come on folks, if you have been getting the crash to desktop problem, try the above fix and please report back if it worked for you.

Mensajes Mon 31 Jul 06 @ 7:09 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)