Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Virtual Chipmunk DJ?

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I've had this issue before, but I don't remember how to resolve it. I messed with all the settings already, but I guess I am overlooking something. When I pause a song and either move the platter, on the default skin, with the mouse or move the waveform with the mouse, I don't get the familiar "vinyl" scratch sound. I amd trying to set up cues and the cbg's, but I can't do it unless I get that vinyl sound. It currently sounds really choppy when I move the waveform/platter back and forth. It reminds me of a chipmunk or some other small rodent. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mensajes Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 6:27 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Obviously it uses up too much CPU. This is a wild guess, but do you have time stretch on Super Insane setting? :)

Mensajes Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 9:11 am
Absolutely not. Time stretch is disabled. I close all programs whenever I use VDJ, so it isn't a CPU or RAM issue, either.

Mensajes Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 9:48 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Than I'm sorry, I'm out of ideas (even though the first one was more a joke than a real idea..). If no one else pops up with a solution, try posting a short sample of how it sounds like. Could be of help.

Mensajes Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 10:10 pm
Do you keep the gain lower than -3dB. At my system, If I set it higher (-1, 0 or 1 dB) I get also distorted sound. Have you disabled the limiter?
Ewout

Mensajes Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 10:42 pm
The gain been at 0 for the longest and it never caused this issue before. Just in case, I set it to -3 and it didn't help. I also has the limiter disabled. I tried it both enabled and disabled. How can I post a sample MP3?

Mensajes Thu 27 Jul 06 @ 1:12 am

Mensajes Thu 27 Jul 06 @ 3:57 am
When I setup with my mixer, dac-2, etc, I use a maya44usb with asio. While at work, I use the laptop's integrated soundcard, which I've done a million times. At work is when I set BPMs and CBGs. I always leave the soundcard configuration the same....set up for the maya44. It never affects the music when I only use the laptop.

Mensajes Thu 27 Jul 06 @ 4:33 am

Mensajes Thu 27 Jul 06 @ 4:45 am
What have you selected for the mp3 extension in VDJ->Config->Extensions->Mp3?
Ewout

Mensajes Thu 27 Jul 06 @ 11:58 pm
I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but for mp3, I have "mp3 decoder." Just in case you were wondering, I have the same issues when I load a WMA file, too. BTW, while in the extensions tab, I noticed "scratch" then "left deck" and "right deck" What is this for? I tried the different settings, but they didn't help either.

I want to add the the last time that I used it while it was working fine was 5 days ago. After that, I made NO changes to any of my settings for this to occur. This has me frustrated because I can't set cues and cbgs with the accuracy with which I have become accustomed to. That choppy sound is so annoying.

Mensajes Fri 28 Jul 06 @ 3:45 am
Well, no one has commented any further on this post, so it must have been a real stumper. However, I found a solution. I just changed my soundcard config to the integrated soundcard. It seems as if it makes perfect sense tha change it if I don't have the Maya connected, but I never had to do that before. i never had to tweak any of the settings, whether I had the soundcard connected or not. Oh well, such is life. Thanks to all who tried to help.

Mensajes Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 2:31 am
so, does it work now? if so, glad to hear:)

Mensajes Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 8:50 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)