Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: VirtualDJ 3.4 Projector

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I just purchased Virtual DJ 3.4 in order to do some VJing, Iam looking for some suggestion on a projector or the most cheapest way to do that. I would need a projector and a screen Iam guessing,,,Has anyone tried different option and which one would be the most affordable but yet useful. I DJ frequently and Iam a mobile dj but Vjing has become very popular so Im looking to cross over,,,,any suggestion would be really appreciated
thank you so much

Mensajes Sat 29 Jul 06 @ 11:21 pm
I bought a projector from Argos - the Hitachi one came with a free screen. I don't know where you are - if you're not from the UK, you'd be hard pressed getting one from here. This one cost me about £400, though it was catalogue-priced at nearly £700 (1p short).

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5361270.htm

Mensajes Sun 30 Jul 06 @ 5:31 pm
d rocksPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Smart move IMO, to go to video. It is paying off now. If you are in the States, I went to WWW.shopping .com and found the screen. I bought 8x6 Fast Fold dual surface screen for front and rear projection for about $550. It sets up in a couple of minutes. I bought the projector from Best Buy. I gave about $600 for an Opitma DLP projector. I would go with DLP if I were you. That web site will allow you to compare and get all kinds of specs to compare and and explanation of all of these terms. I love it, and it will help you get more business. The media to play it is a little pricy but you just need to figure in the cost into your price. If you need more let me know. :)

Mensajes Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 8:22 pm
I'm experimenting with a normal OHP Projector , and a panelbook display, all up cost about 15 euro.
Bulbs are about 8 euro. easy to get a large display and looks great, but not very compact...yet!!

Mensajes Thu 03 Aug 06 @ 6:43 am
Thank you For your Replys. So the best way to diplay the videos is place the screen behind you and your equimpent or is better to place it closer to the dance floor on your right or left.

Mensajes Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 6:45 am
I have it centered in front of the dance floor and I am off to the side. This places the focus on the music and the videos.

Mensajes Sat 05 Aug 06 @ 8:07 am
depends on the venue. One word of caution, drunks don't care about your stuff. I have the projector behind the screen and a short plastic barrier around the front. Kinda gives a buffer zone. IMO i would protect the projector as much as possible. Some venues I will place the screen under the light truss, keeps it compact and you can see what is on the screen too. I will do this if I am doing karaoke and want visualzations behind the singers. Maybe I can get some pics and show you. I am leaving for a gig in the next hour and If I remember to take the camera I can get it posted on here. We'll see.

Mensajes Sat 05 Aug 06 @ 6:47 pm
That would be great, Thank You... I have a lighting system, Trauss system with two tripods and double bar that connects both tripods. On the top I am thinking of hanging the lights and underneath mount the screen and just pull it down when I DJ and it would be behind me. But the projectors you can place them behind the screen and the imagine would be on the other side...is that a feature that a projector has or the screen? Thank you guys....

Mensajes Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 7:39 pm
If you would place the projector behind the screen, you will need two things:
- Projector with a horizontal mirror function. Otherwise your image is displayed mirrorred. Most recent projectors have this function
- Special screen for "displaying through" this is not a standard screen. Some screens have the possibillity for normal and display through.
Ewout

Mensajes Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 9:18 pm
Both. Some screens allow you to use the projector on either side. Not all do, so look for that feature. Some projectors also give you that option. If you just put the projector in back, the image would be reversed. Most also allow for ceiling mount. A note of caution. These projectors generate a lot of heat. Let them cool down before you pack them away, especially if they are going into a case. You don't want to put a hot projector into a case that could melt. Also, don't bring a hot projector out into the cold car. Condensation is not your friend.

Mensajes Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 9:35 pm
Thanks everyone for your help...Now I defently know what Iam looking for in a projector,,,,thanks for your ideas and suggestions....

Mensajes Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 9:53 pm
I haven't forgot about posting my set up. I just need to clean them up just a bit because it was in a huge builing with freakin' sky lites and it was very bright and sunny outside. For the first part of the gig it was a little difficult to see. That is why you want a bright projector. If you go with one that has around 3000 lumens, you can pretty much use it anywhere. The one I bought has either 1600 or 1800 and is fine for most indoor set ups, just not to good in bright sun light. Also get a projector with the highest contrast ratio you can find. Most are around 2000:1. I have seen 2500:1 but this really is a big factor. It makes the blacks black and the whites white. Resolution is also something to consider. Be sure the projector has the same resolution abilty of you video card settings.
And they are right, I wanted to have as much versatility that I could because I do so many functions that I bought a dual surface screen. It can do rear and front projection. In rear projection, you just need to tell the projector that is what you are doing. It can also do ceiling front and rear which it just flips the image over because the projector is upside down.

Mensajes Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 4:01 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Awesome info d rocks :)

Mensajes Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 4:04 am
@d rocks

That link you gave about the place you got the screen, does not work. Help me out.

Mensajes Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 8:01 am
Sorry. I went and narrowed it down just a little more try this: http://shopping.com/xFS?FD=0&KW=projector
and here is one for the screens:
http://shopping.com/xFS?KW=fast+fold+screen&FN=Projection+Screens&FD=0

IMO this is the way to go. This site will give a lot of info on the difference in DLP, LCD etc type projectors. It also educates you on all of the other things I mentioned about like contrast, brightness, resolution and more. You don't have to buy on there, but you can compare all of the features and prices. I bought my projector at Best Buy and my screen came from a link from the above referenced site. I have a DLP which will maintain it's brightness through the life of the bulb, cost's a little more however.

I have tried to upload some pics from the gig last Saturday but the place to host the images will not work. May its me, I will try again but I think it will show 1 way of doing what I mentioned above.

Mensajes Sat 12 Aug 06 @ 11:12 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)