Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Old versions

Tema: Typo on front page

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Under the Turntablist section the first line
'At least a MP3 scratching solution that answers all the expectations' should read

At last a MP3 scratching solution that answers all the expectations

Mensajes Sun 30 Jul 06 @ 6:29 am
Web StaffHome userSenior staffMember since 2010
Thanks

Mensajes Sun 30 Jul 06 @ 9:35 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Actually it should say "At last, AN MP3 scratching solution that MEETS all OF YOUR expectations"
Don't forget the comma!

There are many more grammer mistakes on the website. I have mentioned this several times before.

Mensajes Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 6:30 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I don't know why this article immediately reminded me of this thread :) Worth reading I'd say.

Mensajes Tue 08 Aug 06 @ 9:39 am
One of my pet hates is bad spelling and grammar - this may be due to the fact that one teacher at school gave me 1,000 lines for spelling "necessary" wrong - I had spelt it with one C instead of two.

Even when I showed him it in a dictionary, he swore it was a "printing error".

Another teacher was giving us a spelling test using random words from a book, rather than a dictionary - one lad had to spell "judgement" - he spelt it as I did - but in the teacher's book, it was spelt without the E (judgment) - a later check by him of his dictionary proved that we were both right - it was displayed as "judg(e)ment". He also spelt "movable" with an E (moveable) - in his dictionary, it's displayed as "mov(e)able".

Another thing that annoys me is the constant misuse of the apostrophe - it's either there when it shouldn't be or not there where it should be - particularly with plurals ending in S. Most people I know labour under the illusion that all word's ending in S have to have an apostrophe (note the deliberate typo there - "word's"). A jacket potato stall in Middlesbrough sells "potatoe's", for example.

Some people also have problems with the singular form of "potatoes" and "tomatoes" - I've often seen people write "potatoe" and "tomatoe", when the mean "potato" and "tomato".

Rant over.

Mensajes Wed 09 Aug 06 @ 10:58 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)